• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMENSTEIN

Dick Cheney Shoots Friend In The Face

fodders said:

He thought he was hunting peasants ! :)

Noooo! He was hunting Dan Quale!

So if he dies, it was from the heart attack, and not the gunshot, because under Texas law, the Vice President would have to be arrested and tried and all that stuff, so just remember, he died of a heart attack, he died of a heart attack, he died of a heart attack...

I just read about it and all I can say is...you don't shoot people with birdshot if you intend to kill them; It was either an accident, or a warning.

As much as I hate Cheney and have absolutely no trust in the man, I'm actually going to have to say that my judgement falls on accident. And warning ;)

pilottobombadier said:

It's just a good thing he didn't load the wrong ammunition.

Not necessarily. If he loaded wrong ammunition, it would have blown right into his face.
Depending on how you like Cheney, you may me glad or sad.

Amidst the swirl of outrage, obfuscation and wisecracking, one fundamental flaw in the White House's Cheney shooting story remains. How can a 28-gauge shotgun fired from supposedly 30 yards away cause pellets to become lodged in someone's heart?

How can a weapon that has little more power than a kids BB gun fire projectiles that in most cases don't penetrate further than an inch into a bird's breast and yet in this instance tore through a hunting vest, clothes underneath, the chest cavity and into the muscle of Whittington's heart?

It is likely that Cheney was drunk and he dropped the weapon, causing it to discharge and pepper Whittington at close range. Cheney refused to talk to local police until the next day and the Secret Service made sure the authorities had no access to him. This tells us that Cheney considers himself to be above the law.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&tab=in&ie=UTF-8&q=There%20may%20be%20a%20beer%20or%20two%20in%20there&btnG=Search%20News

fodders said:

How can a 28-gauge shotgun fired from supposedly 30 yards away cause pellets to become lodged in someone's heart?

I was under the impression that it lodged itself in a vein then was sucked into the heart by normal bloodflow. Such things have happened before. Plus, if it HAD pierced his heart, he would be in a lot more trouble than he is in now.

the whole Cheney drunk thing is pretty plausible. Even my parents, who are liberal but kinda anti-conspiracy think that he was drunk. (they freaked out on me when i tried to tell them that movie someone posted about 9/11, for example)

Yeah, this is all bullshit. Imagine the size and muzzle velocity of the pellets they used against 5 inch large bird.

Cheney was drunk and dropped the shotgun, or he had his weapon readied and did something like
Hey, look Harry! *BANG*
But the gun really fired...

Linguica said:

Oh fodders. Is anything not a conspiracy to you.

I am not saying it's a conspiracy, just that he's a drunken bum, that couldn't lie straight in bed. :)

DOOMENSTEIN said:

How often do guys that age go hunting without beer anyway?

more often then not i'd assume. no one in my family at least, drinks while hunting. drinking and ice fishing is a different story however :)

From what I've heard, the man was hit in the face with birdshot, not the chest. One of the little pellets that had penetrated his face then traveled to his heart through a large blood vessal and become lodged. If Cheny had hit the man in the chest, the shot would have probably bounced off.

i must say I feel bad for the guy who was shot, and even cheney a bit even though I CANT STAND cheney (but i also dont think i'd be able to handle shooting my friend accidentally either). However its more proof for gun safety/control/bannation.