Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMENSTEIN

Dick Cheney Shoots Friend In The Face

Hey guys, Cheney made an aweful mistake, and shot a good friend of his, he felt horrible.

Let's not think politics here, Cheney's a person, and he almost killed his friend accidentally. I would be heartbroken if I killed a close friend of mine, and anyone here would be too.

It's wrong to be "Glad" that he did it or something immature like that.

Just because you don't like his politics doesn't mean you should treat it like he meant to!

Regards,
~The Mailman

Jonathan said:

what if the dictator was Jerry Seinfeld?

"So what's the deal with dictators anyway? If anything, they're dicks, but I never met any that were taters."

Good heavens, does anyone here feel any compassion for the guy...

More over... is there anyone here that is not a Liberal????

I would really like to know if anyone here...

A.) Likes Bush
B.) Is a Republican
C.) Is Conservative

AHHHHHHH Liberals surround me!!!!

MailmanTS said:

I would really like to know if anyone here...

A.) Likes Bush
B.) Is a Republican
C.) Is Conservative

Ralphis

edit: also, not being a "liberal" doesn't automatically imply a, b and c

Quast said:

Ralphis

edit: also, not being a "liberal" doesn't automatically imply a, b and c

Maybe so, but the vast majority of liberals are not republicans and are not conservative...
In fact, liberal and conservative are mutually exclusive terms, they are contrary to eachother, it's almost impossible to be a Liberal Conservative...
I am of course assuming the socially accepted American terms.

Anyway, I never said that it automatically implies anything, if I was trying to say that, I would have included a, b and c as one big question. Notice, I broke it up so you could answer as you see fit to each one.

Regards,
~The Mailman

I thought you were going to try to stay out of politics threads and "contribute to the overall good of this forum community". Why are you here at Doomworld exactly? Nothing you have posted so far suggests that you have any interest at all in any of the Doom-engine games.

Grazza said:

I thought you were going to try to stay out of politics threads

Am I trolling?

Am I insulting?

Am I degrating?

Or are you simply mad at me because I'm Conservative?

Read all of my posts, all of them contribute to the discussion, political or not.

I really can't see how this is a violation of anything really.

I am a DooM player, I love DooM...That does not mean I have to talk about it constantly.

I may like DooM, but politics are very interesting to me.

Go ahead, read my posts, Grazza...
You will find nothing incriminating, all of my posts stick to the topic and fuel the discussion.

I thought maybe I would be a good contrasting political voice, since the majority of the members here appear to be left-leaning.

does my patriotism offend you? Or do you simply not like me?

BTW, how does engaging in a fair, thoughtfull political discussion detract from the overall good of this forum community?

Regards,
~The Mailman

MailmanTS said:

In fact, liberal and conservative are mutually exclusive terms, they are contrary to eachother, it's almost impossible to be a Liberal Conservative...
I am of course assuming the socially accepted American terms.

in reality "liberal" and "conservative" are loaded terms that are overly generic and stereotyped. many people have wide ranging and flexible political ideas. besides, the democrat and republican parties of the US are not and have never been static political ideologies.

Anyway, I never said that it automatically implies anything, if I was trying to say that, I would have included a, b and c as one big question. Notice, I broke it up so you could answer as you see fit to each one.

then consider what i said to say "a and/or b and/or c" if you wish

MailmanTS said:

BTW, how does engaging in a fair, thoughtfull political discussion detract from the overall good of this forum community?

Every politcal thread I have ever seen has resulted in a flame war.

Shtbag667 said:

Every politcal thread I have ever seen has resulted in a flame war.

That doesn't mean it always, absolutely, and undeniably results in political flame...

If done correctly with good intentions and a fair amount of sportsmanship, a political discussion can be enlightening and informative.

Quast said:

in reality "liberal" and "conservative" are loaded terms that are overly generic and stereotyped. many people have wide ranging and flexible political ideas. besides, the democrat and republican parties of the US are not and have never been static political ideologies.

Yes, I'm aware, but I said "Socially acceptable" terms, so, loaded and generic or not, they are still acceptable in society... And it just makes the discussion so much more simple if we stick with that instead of getting into the specifics about the definitions of liberal and conservative...

Job said:

"So what's the deal with dictators anyway? If anything, they're dicks, but I never met any that were taters."

"Could they be anymore totalitarianistic?"

MailmanTS said:

Well, I dislike freedom of speech. I like absolutes. I'm getting interested in the idea of Social Darwinism. And I scored slightly to the left of Hitler on my last political compass try.

...Am I conservative?

Janderson said:

Well, I dislike freedom of speech. I like absolutes. I'm getting interested in the idea of Social Darwinism. And I scored slightly to the left of Hitler on my last political compass try.

...Am I conservative?

Absolutely not, those beliefs are closer to communism than to anything even remotely resembling anything Conservatives believe.

If that's your idea of me, you have it all wrong.

Regards,
~The Mailman

MailmanTS said:

Absolutely not, those beliefs are closer to communism than to anything even remotely resembling anything Conservatives believe.

Hitler was a fascist, and communism doesn't even come close to reflecting Social Darwinism, since communism centers on internationality and a concentrated global effort.

any form of communist government out there is not communist. Simple fact: communism was an IDEA that government and society would NATURALLY evolve into the communist ideals. Any forced communist government today is not communist because of that one fact. None of them "naturally evolved" no matter how much bs is fed to them by the fascist leader running it (also not communist). Communism is a theory of what may come, it is otherwise, quite frankly, a horrible idea at this point in time.

insertwackynamehere said:
Simple fact: communism was an IDEA that government and society would NATURALLY evolve into the communist ideals. Any forced communist government today is not communist because of that one fact.

Not really; the communist governments of the 20th century stemmed from actual conflicts, and marxist theory considers revolutions (are these "natural?"), except that Marx held that to be effective they should start in the capitalist centers (and they occurred in the periphery.) Also, fascism is something pretty specific; if you're going to call communist governments facist, you might as well say all governments are fascist. Also, communism requires concensus, and thus if a great part of the world (in terms of capital and economic activity) wasn't "communist", then local communism would naturally suffer shortcomings.

MailmanTS said:

If that's your idea of me, you have it all wrong.

Heh, I despise Communism and Anarchy (no offence to those who apply). People without leaders? Nothing would get done. People with too many leaders? Likewise.

I'm not mocking you.

Just so you know I don't follow social darwinism just researching it.

Janderson said:

I'm not mocking you.

Lol, I was worried, I meet alot of left-leaning type who seem to think because I lean the the right that somehow I deserve to be mocked and ridiculed.

Of course, that does not constitute all liberals, simply the unreasonable ones who I always get stuck with! :/

Regards,
~The Mailman

I'm really on neither side and am independent, since every extreme of the political spectrum has its faults and its positive views.

MailmanTS said:

Let's not think politics here, Cheney's a person, and he almost killed his friend accidentally. I would be heartbroken if I killed a close friend of mine, and anyone here would be too.

When you involve yourself in politics, you automatically lose your humanity.

rf` said:

When you involve yourself in politics, you automatically lose your humanity.

Wow, you have true hatred for your political enemies, rf, I have no idea where you get this idea from, but last time I checked, most people felt politicians were people.

I think you're saying this to justify calling Cheney any hateful, distasteful, impolite thing you can think of...

I can't stand the Democratic party, but I know that people like Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Michael Moore (as much as I dislike the man), and Howard Dean are humans with souls.

I think it's pretentious, mean, and just plain hateful to have such an opinion of politicians, if it weren't for politicians, nobody here would have been able to read my post or reply to it. Whether they be lefties or righties.

I doubt that your radical thought is common in the left-leaning population. I think it constitutes for about 5% of the non-right populous. People who do unthinkably inhuman things just to prove their point probably share the same opinion...(i.e. E.L.F, A.L.F., PETA, moveon.org...) These are the types of loonies who burn down housing developments, destroy private property with no sense of remorse, and generaly act like complete jerks because they don't like something Bush said.

Before one is to go off on a tangent about the evils of captitalism, the Great Satan that is America, or the corruption that infects every single politicians heart, maybe one should see who one's starting to sound like, and make sure one doesn't become one of these psychos...

Who knows, maybe you just believe that because that's what society's told you... Maybe what I believe is what society tells me, but I try to keep an objective mind, and I think I have a pretty good grip on reality...

Plain and simple, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Regards,
~The Mailman

I'm a liberal and I'm fiscally conservative. I believe everyone should have as much liberty as they want within reason. I hate the republicans because they are far from fiscally conservative, anti-choice, anti-environment, pro-execution, pro-war, slightly anti-woman and anti-minority, and a little bit fascist. I hate the democrats because they are anti-guns, anti-freedom media, zero tolerance mongers, and also a little bit fascist (though not as much as the republicans). I hate both parties for being anti-drug and for tearing the country apart because of their silly squablles. I dislike the libertarians for being too anarchic. I hate labels. I hate the Bush administration and I think this War on Terror, especially the coccupation of Iraq are really stupid ideas. I consider myself a patriot and Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin are two of my heros.

So what am I?

Danarchy said:

slightly anti-woman and anti-minority, and a little bit fascist.

Believe it or not, the Republican party was founded by abolisionists, people who believe in human equality and the outlawing of slavery.

It was the southern democrats during the civil rights movements of the 1900-1970 era who consistantly pushed for the segregation of schools and the majority of KKK members were actually Democrats, despite what ABC, NBC, and CBS would have you believe.

Race baters like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are examples of people who use the black community to push their idealogies. They have a perplexing predicament...

How do you subjugate the rest of the black community while appearing to be their freedom fighters against white oppression?

Liberal Democrats like Sharpton and Jackson have mastered this technique. They want the black community to stay seperate from the white, they want to make it appear as if whites are constantly out to get them. And, in order to push their political views, they make it appear as if Conservative Republicans are racist...

That is how racism became attributed to the Republican party.

I'm a Republican...I don't want the whites and blacks seperated, I want us to almost completely forget that we even have differing skin colors, and I want us to live together without race even being an afterthought. The late great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., one of my heros, is now having his ideologies mocked by these race baters, and it makes me mad.

Regards,
~The Mailman

you are right about the Republicans 100% on how they were founded. You wanna know the truth? Its not the people (like you) I hate (for the most part). Its the parties and the people in charge. Democrat and Republican-wise. Then theres the issue of people with real problems. I dont care, they are idiots (Bill Oreilly type people). Of course thats subjective. Simply put, both parties suck. Republicans are too conservative in nature at this point. Democrats just wanna win and have no views.

MailmanTS said:

Believe it or not, the Republican party was founded by abolisionists, people who believe in human equality and the outlawing of slavery.

The republican party of oh, 150 fucking years ago does not resemble anything it is today. Neither do the democrats.

It was the southern democrats during the civil rights movements of the 1900-1970 era who consistantly pushed for the segregation of schools and the majority of KKK members were actually Democrats, despite what ABC, NBC, and CBS would have you believe.

Major news networks say KKK members were democrats, say...prior to 1965ish when strom thurmond swtiched his political affiliation and thus both parties ideologies and voter base? Or are you trying to imply that it was the southern conservative attitudes that were pushing the civil rights movement?

Quast said:

The republican party of oh, 150 fucking years ago does not resemble anything it is today. Neither do the democrats.

I'm speaking mainly about the Republican state of mind, not the party, but the people who founded it. Republicans as a whole are not racist, and neither are Democrats as a whole, there is no such as the 'racist party'.

Both parties have their idiots, but what I have found, and one of the reasons I tend to lean to the right is because most of the idiots seem to be from the Democrats. And what I've found is that Democrats want to keep color in the picture, they want us to agknowledge skin color as a part of culture. I don't like that, I want the country to be color blind. I'm not saying we ignore racial issues, but that we see eachother as people before we see color.

BTW insertwackynamehere:
I am a Bill O'Reilly type person, he's a smart guy, a good fair columnist.

Regards,
~The Mailman