Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

Show off your Comp

Planky said:

Im amazed those speakers don't turn the monitor funky colors. I have to keep mine on the floor because of that.

Behold the power of magnetic shielding and such. It's kind of ironic how most speakers made for PCs fuck up monitors and speakers for other sound systems don't even phase the screen.

Just for the record though, if I press one of the speakers against the monitor, it turns slightly darker at the edge. :P

Goat said:

(pics)

Okay, I concede. :P

Use3d said:

Nope. And those speakers that come with the big plastic ex-boomboxes are pretty weak anyway.

;_; They're actualy pretty good. They don't have the power that a $2,000 sound system has, but they're very clear. Not bad for stuff that's over 5 years old.

fraggle said:

Is this a joke? It looks like all you did is connect your computer to your stereo.

Well I wasn't serious. That IS all I did. Surprisingly it still seems to amaze most people who see it. You'd be surprised how very few people realise you can actualy take a simple cable and do such a thing.

mallis said:

is anyone seeing a link between low IQ and LED lights?

I'm willing to bet your computer has at least one LED light in it, STUPID.

Besides, there wasn't a no gay glowing lights option when I bought this computer. :(

Here are my computers:

-Desktop (nickname: Lain, P4 3.2 gHz, 6800 GT, running XP and Slackware 10.2)
-Soon-to-be print server (nickname: Sakura, which runs a P2 and Slackware 10.2)
-Main server (nickname: Nanako, P3 w/ 1gb ram, 3gb HD, 8gb HD, SCSI tape drive, etc)
-Laptop (case open) (nickname: Mizuho, P4 3.2gHz, 7800 Go GTX, running a tweaked Ubuntu "Hoary Hedgehog" and XP)

Sakura was an old Gateway case, and the only casemod I've ever done, so it looks sort of stupid. I replaced its old Pentium 120 with a faster P2 233mHz, painted the case black, put a window in it, and then put that fan with the Unreal grate on it (the fan glows green). As soon as I get a USB card for it, it'll be a print server.

I also have a soon-to-be multimedia PC, possibly being made out of a gutted Xbox case I painted, but I'm not sure I'll build it. If I do build it, I may name it Lum, but maybe not.

EDIT: Oh yeah, add a TI-99/4A somewhere in there and a third monitor on Lain once I get a 2nd card next month ;)

This is the photo I took last time I posted in one of these types of threads.

Not much has changed since then, I've added 4 more speakers and am currently trying to find a replacement amp for powering the speakers on the floor.

Sound System > LEDs/Neons.

exp(x) said:

Don't tell me you prefer Mathematica. That program has the scewiest syntax with the brackets instead of parenthesis and randomly capitalized function names.

No, I prefer bc, scilab and xmaxima. I don’t know mathematica.

exp(x) said:

Don't tell me you prefer Mathematica. That program has the scewiest syntax with the brackets instead of parenthesis and randomly capitalized function names.

It's an arbitrary convention. I.e., something you don't mind if you actually use it for some time.

face it, i fucking win:

(thinkpad t23, P3 1ghz max with speedstep, l1 instruction and data caches at 16kb each and 512kb l2 cache, 20gb hdd, 512mb ram, swappable dvd/floppy drives, shitty supersavage/ixc with 16mb vram, and a shitty battery that i should replace someday)

Kid Airbag said:

I think I win

Ooooh, Kid Airbag has Steelers' Pillow... how sweeet...

ellmo said:
Ooooh, Kid Airbag has Steelers' Pillow... how sweeet...

And a Pittsburgh Pirates pillow. I guess nobody can accuse him of not being a true-blue fan, considering their recent lack of success. And by "recent" I mean "during my lifetime". ;-)

There's also the Altoona Curve hat and the Pirates fleece blanket which you can see a little bit of in the upper right.

Danarchy said:

You'd be surprised how very few people realise you can actualy take a simple cable and do such a thing.

Ah, not quite; you also need a 3.5" - stereo RCA cable adapter ;) Unless your soundcard supports that kind of line-out of course

Perhaps that's the very cable he means—I know I have one that has a 1/8" stereo plug on one end and stereo RCA connectors on the other.

I think going right back to almost my first ever soundcard in my 286, I've been wiring them through the auxilliary input of a Hi-fi of some sort. :/

pilottobombadier said:

Ah, not quite; you also need a 3.5" - stereo RCA cable adapter ;) Unless your soundcard supports that kind of line-out of course

I don't know what you're talking about, but all did was buy a simple $3 cable that runs from my computer's audio output port, splits and goes into l/r input ports in my stereo box...thing. Then all I have to do is switch it to auxillary when I want to hear sound from my computer.

Mancubus II said:

Now that's what I call open architecture!

It's been updated a fair bit since that photo!

Danarchy said:

I don't know what you're talking about, but all did was buy a simple $3 cable that runs from my computer's audio output port, splits and goes into l/r input ports in my stereo box...thing. Then all I have to do is switch it to auxillary when I want to hear sound from my computer.

Fair enough, I gave the wrong measurement, anyway :p