Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

"Ultimate Torment & Torture" Progress Report

For once, I just wish there could be a Tormentor thread without the trolling.

Oh, and nice user title, Scuba. ;p

I've never actually played a TNT map. :) I'm not even sure I've played anything by Tormentor, besides KDiZD, but who hasn't played that?

Snarboo said:

but who hasn't played that?

Its more likely I am the only one who hasn't played it.

Concerning this all: Wether the screenshot is epic or not epic enough for you Kaiser, I still do hope that you will like the final product or at least give it a try.

News:
Yet again, another UTNT info thread. I am getting closer each passing day and I almost can't wait myself to present you UTNT in all its beauty and g(l)ory :P

First at all, some shots:

GLDEFS (by Keksdose) are completely done now, thx again for that. Each new actor in UTNT has now dynamic lights attached to their projectiles or even theirselves if necessary. Battles like the one in TNT04 Map01 look so beautiful now... :)

Also by Keksdose are the new comets, this time, faster, more beautiful but less performance eating. Dont ask why, just admire them when they hit your helmet. Also take a look at the portal effect that sucks in materia around its gate (thx to solar for the effect)

[IMG]http://i10.tinypic.com/4yk46**.jpg[/IMG]
Last but not least, TNT04 Map04 is filled with monsters, ammo and health. The only thing left now is the boss monster ... *ehrmVaderehrm* :) I count on you for a September release buddy :)

I started to clean up TNT03 by the way as I didn't get any response from Solar for a while. I fixed all remaining bugs, added voice acting where it is needed and finalized it to a beta state. Right now I am working again on TNTLE, primarily on the Boss Battle here as everything else is finished on that map.

So what are the important things left to do right now beyond what I have mentioned so far? The INTERMAP (still hoping that Risen can do this), the BOSS in TNT04, the BOSS in TNTLE, the voice acting from CAZ (intermission texts), fixing little bugs here and there and last but not least, finalizing the ENDMAP. Damn... that's not much :) I can't wait for the first beta tests :)

This is probably asking alot but depending on how this turns out...

...you said you've included dynamic lighting that I assume is unique in this WAD, is there a chance that the dynamic lighting itself could be released seperately? (I.e. so I could use it in any WAD I wish to play -- I like dynamic lights alot :) ).

Otherwise the screenshots look stunning. I absolutely cannot wait to play this, I hope everything goes ok. This is currently the WAD I'm anticipating the most :)

I downloaded them and yes they are very nice thank you :)

Edit: Realizing what I wrote two posts above, I already knew dynamic lights were avaliable in Doom. I just think that in the future, if somebody does dynamic lights and such, that the enemies themselves are dynamic (particularly say the Hell Knight, its hands have green flames around them but aren't dynamic-lit at all, only the projectile it fires).

Continueing work after the little SM2 break ;)
Here is what I've got now:

Working on the intermap on my own now as Risen unfortunately hasn't enough time to do so, but don't worry, I'll do my best :)
Beyond, TNTLE is finished as well now, getting closer :)

This is looking great Tormentor! :) How well do you think this would play under co-op? Is it even possible, or is this single player only?

Nice intermap. I can't wait to actually play this beast!

One thing, the picture you have chosen is a pixelated, is that you (as in taking the picture and resizing it) or the game? I mean it doesn't look that clear.

@Aabra - Fully 8-Player coop compatible :)

@Antidote - The only thing that is pixelated is the smallfont that was enlarged a bit. I know thats a little problem but I think it doesn't look that bad ingame. If I set the smallfont to a smaller size it just looks to empty and it's by far harder to read :(

Hopefully this one is better then #3. #3 really blew balls. I'm liking the screenies of this one so hopefully it can deliver.

yet another amazing map from torm... there's really not much else to say to that. and this is why i stick to scripts. my mapping is always put to shame by this guy...