• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shapeless

doom inspired miniatures

Technician said:
Maybe the Baron was inspired.

Actually, that the Imp is the "common trooper" and that the Cacodemon is a head-only monster (albeit with big tentacles and a tail) hints more than that. The Howler also resembles the Demon in character and function, and the Baron resembles a Baron of hell a lot.

Aside from the Cacodemon, rest of the figures looks pretty bad and made-in-taiwanish.
...but maybe it's the photos.

It says that these figures are made by Sandra Garrity. She made the cyberdemon model included in the id Anthology (and possibly others of the Reaper Miniatures Doom figurines - I don't know). If you look at the base of the cyber (if you have it), you will see the letters "SL GARRITY".

So this probably isn't a coincidence.

Grazza said:

If you look at the base of the cyber (if you have it), you will see the letters "SL GARRITY".

Curious. I can't see that at all. The bottom of the base or the upper side? The only lettering I can see is on the lower surface of the base and says:

TM©1996
Id Inc. "Cyber Demon"

Mf'g. USA by
Reaper Miniatures

At least I think the "Mf'g." (manufacturing?) bit says that - it's not too clear, but the rest is clear enough.

Enjay said:

Curious. I can't see that at all. The bottom of the base or the upper side?

The side of the plinth - it's visible if the model is standing up. Just above where the copyright symbol is. It's in quite small lettering - about half the point size of the text on the underside.

Enjay said:

They're only 15mm figures, that'll contributing the their lack of definition.

It might be the material more than the size. Metal is much better for detail than plastic or whatever that stuff is.