Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JacKThERiPPeR

Soul Eater: Official Progress Thread

Ok. I'm on another work that is called "Soul Eater" (inspired by all the "... will eat your soul" ytmnd's). It has it's gothic theme and lot of detail. Here are some screenies:
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/15/doom00275hg.png
http://img442.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom00283lg.png

Don't mind if there aren't monsters or things yet.

So, the progress is this:

Levels:
- Temple of Nothing: 7%
- The Limbo is Back: 0%

Enjoy.

@Tormentor and dutch devil: Yes. I'm quite based on TNT, but ALSO, I'm based on some wads like Deus Vult (I've put portraits of Hitler and Napoleon there) and my own style.

Anyways, if you ever wanted to know how many stuff I have on my wad, I'll tell you:
1401 vertices
1670 linedefs
3007 sidedefs
354 sectors

Oh, and the Moonlight Sonata thing is a good idea.

JacKThERiPPeR said:

@Tormentor and dutch devil: Yes. I'm quite based on TNT,

Yeah, second person influenced by TNT after I got NinjaOfDoom already doing maps inspired by TNT ("Hell's Twisted Influence")

I'll be sincere this time, because I did from the first day of creation of the wad something I think I shouldn't did.
I've "picked up" some textures from Deus Vult, and a song from Surge 1.
Mea culpa!

kristus said:

I am so tired of the gothic textures.

Yeah... working with them you kinda run out of things to do with the textures... ( ran out of hell themed level ideas so he switched to modern/base type levels for the time being. )

Yeah thats why I've been creating my own textures recently. Texture Maker is a really nice program ;) (and Paint Shop Pro for touching up).

SlayeR said:

Yeah thats why I've been creating my own textures recently. Texture Maker is a really nice program ;) (and Paint Shop Pro for touching up).

Ehhh.. im not good at making textures other than making them darker x.x

kristus said:

Onos. If it doesnt look like crap whats the problem?

kristus said:

It looks like it's shaping up to be a good looking, well put together level. However, I totally agree with kristus on this.

kristus said:

You really have to ask?

Yep. Although heavy use of gothic textures has always reminded me somewhat of hexen, I have no problem with well used textures of any sort. So yes I really have to ask.

Because the gothic textures has been used and abused over and over in so many wads since they first were released and any wad that use them instantly loose it's own style and design. It'd take an enormously skilled and talented level designer to make something worth and original using the gothic textures. And I don't really see anyone that is up to that challenge.

The Gothic textures are so well known that it's a downright bad decision design wise to use them.

BTW: As far as I am concerned. The Gothic and Hexen designs are quite different.

Look: I really needed the gothic textures, just to give some ambience.

Anyways, I'm thinking of making some zone with "mobius stairs" on it. Is it a good idea to do it?

kristus said:
The Gothic textures are so well known that it's a downright bad decision design wise to use them.

Then what of using the stock textures?

Oh, what have you become, GothcTx? A tasteless whore, with everybody's hands on you!

Gothic textures are perfectly fine, by my opinion. It's all bout how you use them, not how many times it's been used. If that was the case, then no one should use the normal doom 2 textures.