Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sundar

Doom monster as a pet

If you were to keep one of the Doom monsters as a pet in your home, which one would it be?

I'd go for the Pain Elemental. Sitting by the window and watching lost souls spook out(not always kill) random pedestrians on the streets would be nice. Better yet, taking a ride on the Elemental while he flies at about 100 ft. and owns the entire town would be cool.

What do you think(don't call me a fool, please!lol)?

Strange question...
But I would definitely choose pinky; he's just something like a bigger dog. I'm a good person because I like dogs.

A cyberdemon! I would never have the need of a car or drivers license. Traffic jams would never be a problem. It could also scare children that has the guts to appear on my doorstep on halloween.

But then again, it would be hard to fit it inside the house, so i'll go with a Pain elemental too.

I believe that the pinky demon would be a good substitute for a guard dog...
Perhaps with some time, he might even be trained to detect the possession of illegal drugs by using his sense of smell.

DarkJedi188 said:

I believe that the pinky demon would be a good substitute for a guard dog...
Perhaps with some time, he might even be trained to detect the possession of illegal drugs by using his sense of smell.

How about a Spectre?

As for a "bodyguard", a Baron Of Hell would be my pick. Big, muscly and he would rip off anyone who comes in our way.

Bloodshedder said:

Rip off? So you'd train it to be a thief?

lol. Not really. I meant to say he'll rip apart anyone who pissed me off.

I think a stealth Demon would be cool to keep as a pet. I'd have it lurk my backyard and kill these damn cats that sneak into my backyard at night.

BTW, ellmo, you do know where that quote/my title is inspired from, right?

Lizardcommando said:

BTW, ellmo, you do know where that quote/my title is inspired from, right?

Not really, but I liked it anyway.
...and where is it from?

ellmo said:

Not really, but I liked it anyway.
...and where is it from?

The quote was inspired by a stupid line Otacon said in MGS1. He and Snake were talking about Sniper Wolf. Snake wanted her dead for shooting Meryl, then Otacon says "She likes dogs. She must be a good person. Please don't hurt her." The first time I heard that, I was laughing my ass off.

Lizardcommando said:

The quote was inspired by a stupid line Otacon said in MGS1. He and Snake were talking about Sniper Wolf. Snake wanted her dead for shooting Meryl, then Otacon says "She likes dogs. She must be a good person. Please don't hurt her." The first time I heard that, I was laughing my ass off.

Good. Although I understood nothing (guess I had no real opportunity to understand what MGS1 is)...

I would have an archvile. if someone breaks in they are toast, and if I feel like it I can have him ressurected and torture the crap out of him.

ellmo said:

Good. Although I understood nothing (guess I had no real opportunity to understand what MGS1 is)...

Metal Gear Solid 1
... and I tought you think of yourself as a gaming freak..

Nmn said:

... and I tought you think of yourself as a gaming freak..

That doesn't imply I had to play every game that was released, no matter how famous it was :P

I think we are all forgetting what you could do sitting on top of a 35 tall spider mastermind. hehehehe. You would just park hiom up, feed himand pet him. Go to bed, then wake up and get up on top of him. And slowly waddle him to work or school. While occasionally chaingunning a traffic warden of two. It'd make going to work or school fun.

The Doom Wiki's article on the Spider Mastermind says:
It is female.

That's crap too, though. All the monsters should be presented in the neuter gender, because they are not human.

From Inferno's final text:
THE LOATHSOME SPIDERDEMON THAT MASTERMINDED THE INVASION OF THE MOON BASES AND CAUSED SO MUCH DEATH HAS HAD ITS ASS KICKED FOR ALL TIME.

That said, and in regard to having a Spiderdemon, with such a big gun combined with such a big brain, I can bet on who'd be the master and who the pet.

My friends hate it whenever I bring up the topic of wanting to own a little cacodemon as a pet. I would name it Cacky and whenever someone pisses me off I would point it in their direction and tickle it so it would fry their ass. If it died I wouldn't care because I would be laughing my ass off becuase of their funny death noise. Then I'd get an archvile cause we'd be the best of friends. We're skinny, evil, and like to burn things.

myk said:

That's crap too, though. All the monsters should be presented in the neuter gender, because they are not human.

That said, and in regard to having a Spiderdemon, with such a big gun combined with such a big brain, I can bet on who'd be the master and who the pet.

I really wouldn't give a crap if it was female, u can get female dogs for cryin' out loud???

And yea ur right, I would get bitchslapped by it. Which is why i'd totally jam a bigass crowbar into its brainsocket thingy... rendering it retarded.

The Spider Mastermind is considered to be female by many people, and if you read about the monster on the Doom2/Final Doom manual, they call it the "mom" of all arachnotrons.

But if you actually think about it, the Spider Mastermind was an older monster than the Arachnotrons. It was there since Doom1 but Archos were newer monsters(added in Doom2)which is why in Doom1, they don't give it a particular gender.

I don't like calling it a 'female' since for some reason, it just doesn't seem right to me. It's because it is the most dominating monster in the game and a female dominating doesn't make much sense to me (a girl beating a cyberdemon?).

I dunno if anyone else has noticed this but the Cyberdemon
resembles the Baron Of Hell in a lot of ways in terms of structure and the sound he makes when he sees/hears you is just like that of a Baron, but more coarse. I've always thought of the Cyberdemon of a cyborg version of the Baron Of Hell, of course a lot bigger.