Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JonTTu111

ZDoom and doom legacy

I have problems with ZDoom. I can't play custom wads with it. What can I do to it??? Answer is: MIX IT WITH DOOM LEGACY!!! When the doom legacy asks: select legacy program put ZDoom.exe and then you can easily add custom wads. That is WERY simple. And you may can use custom md2 models. I am not sure about that, but you can try...

Sounds like you want to use Legacy's launcher with Zdoom. That's got nothing to do with Zdoom or Legacy's ability to run WADs. It's only a front-end. What's more, it's not a particularly good one IMO. For a much better launcher, check out Bio Hazard's Zdoom Launcher, for example and there are many other launchers besides.

http://biohazard.drdteam.org/?p=zdl

If you just want the most basic of operations, you only need to drag and drop your WAD onto Zdoom.exe. How hard can it be?

As far as I can tell, all you're doing is using Legacy's launcher to run ZDoom. In that case, I find it much less headache-inducing to use ZDL 3.

[edit] whoops...looks like Enjay beat me to it =P

JonTTu111 said:

I have problems with ZDoom. I can't play custom wads with it. What can I do to it??? Answer is: MIX IT WITH DOOM LEGACY!!! When the doom legacy asks: select legacy program put ZDoom.exe and then you can easily add custom wads. That is WERY simple. And you may can use custom md2 models. I am not sure about that, but you can try...

Why aren't you able to play custom wads with Zdoom in the first place? Adding wads using by putting the Zdoom.EXE into the Legacy Launcher, then loading up the wads is the same thing as doing this:

C:/doom2/Zdoom -file *.wad *.wad...

I dont see what difference it makes. I might be mistaken though.

But, zdoom can't use custom md2 models. there isn't folder MD2, when download zdoom. You have to mix that source code thing to put zdom read md2 folder