Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ezxariarch

What new monsters would you add?

I hate Pain Elementals, I hate Revenants, and I hate Arch Viles. I like zombies because the are easy to kill and they are simple. I'm not saying I suck, but guided rockets? Come on.

How about having zombies with double barrel shotguns, rocket launchers, plasma rifles, and BFG9000s?

vomited_anal_tract said:

I hate Pain Elementals, I hate Revenants, and I hate Arch Viles. I like zombies because the are easy to kill and they are simple. I'm not saying I suck, but guided rockets? Come on.

How about having zombies with double barrel shotguns, rocket launchers, plasma rifles, and BFG9000s?

all-in-one our stand-alone guns? ahaha

ehi, man, you hate almost all Doom!

Tormentor667 said:

1st what DeHackEd rips? It just uses the Maulotaur behaviour
2nd wait for the UTNT ;)

That's what I mean, they were Dehacked and didn't have no behaviours, that's why I'd like to see them in DECROATE with Diff. attacks :).

Another monster I'd like to add: Bishop Varients that don't fly around and shoot those weird little green balls.

vomited_anal_tract said:

I hate Pain Elementals, I hate Revenants, and I hate Arch Viles.

Then later said:

How about having zombies with....BFG9000s?

You DO realise that BFG zombies would ne UBER annoying, right?

TheDarkArchon said:

You DO realise that BFG zombies would ne UBER annoying, right?

Miliam did that for Biovite. I don't think it did too well... :(

I'd make a boss that you HAVE to have a full 4 players in Co-op for because it's health is so high (Each player would start in their own cubicle area before entering a very large area, so each player stocks up on their own ammo, as after you leave that area, it becomes closed off). It'd be a gigantic demon that has a huge sword for a melee attack but does splash damage, and a fireball attack that throws a fireball at each player alive. Lastly, it'd have a sweeping attack that knocks all the players back to avoid them zerging it too fast.

Actually, I think I'd like to do this...

Xenphire said:

I'd make a boss that you HAVE to have a full 4 players in Co-op for because it's health is so high (Each player would start in their own cubicle area before entering a very large area, so each player stocks up on their own ammo, as after you leave that area, it becomes closed off). It'd be a gigantic demon that has a huge sword for a melee attack but does splash damage, and a fireball attack that throws a fireball at each player alive. Lastly, it'd have a sweeping attack that knocks all the players back to avoid them zerging it too fast.

Actually, I think I'd like to do this...

I was thinking about something like this. For my projectil's Second episode, I plan on making 4 different starting areas for my last tmap. Basically each 4 players start in different locations and fight alone for awhile like they all meet in a bigger room. Then they progross through the map as a team.

devoid said:

So put heresiarch into doom...

Actually, I plan to put him in my TC I'm making with JDoom. I'm just using the sprites and sounds really, but he will use a souped up arch-vile attack (x3 the damage) and revive enemies. In a nutshell he's just a super-damaging Arch-Vile with 18,000 health... now thats vile.

i would add a flying cyberdemon that could use avery attack and all of the
players weapons and have 1,000,000 heath
wean you kill him he well drop all the
weapons and megachrge

Satan - he'd be impossible to kill though, being Satan and all.

Zombie Jesus - it's Easter and christ's mangled corpse seeks your flesh.

God - Again, how can a mere mortal kill a god?

Serious Entry:

Amphetamine Imp - Runs as fast a demon on nightmare, pain immune because he's hopped up on somethin, melee attack dmg life leeches your health to theirs, fire ball dmg equivalent to Baron, 666 health.

Xenphire said:
I'd make a boss that you HAVE to have a full 4 players in Co-op for

This is ridiculously easy to do (even in vanilla Doom!), now that I think about it. Just give each of the four players a rocket launcher from the start (no backpacks nor additional rockets anywhere else) and design the map so that killing the boss requires 7 or 8 rockets.

Kristian Ronge said:
This is ridiculously easy to do (even in vanilla Doom!), now that I think about it. Just give each of the four players a rocket launcher from the start (no backpacks nor additional rockets anywhere else) and design the map so that killing the boss requires 7 or 8 rockets.

Certain people will still be able to kill him with fist/chainsaw :)

Wait, are you serious? Is there a movie out there somewhere with people killing bosses with the fist/chainsaw? Like the spidermastermind or the cyberdemon? I can see how it could be possible with the mancubus or baron/hellknight. Heck I could even see it done with the Revenant or Archvile. The cyberdemon I GUESS would be possible, but extremely annoying and tedious, but HTF would someone kill the spidermastermind with the chainsaw/fist? AND NO BERZERKING EITHER!

Ringman said:
Wait, are you serious? Is there a movie out there somewhere with people killing bosses with the fist/chainsaw?

Yes, I'm serious: killing cyberdemons with fist only. COMPET-N probably has the demo's.

You may be able to prevent this (or at the least make it pretty damn hard to pull off) by making a custom boss monster impervious to blast damage, that calls on a blast radius codepointer during one of its pain frames.

Uh, I was talking about a setup like Doom 2 map 30 (where only the splash damage of rockets can hurt the boss).

COMPET-N Tyson demos of E2M8 and E3M8 can be found here, Ringman.

Some Pain Elementals..

Flame Elemental - He breaths out either a fire fall or a fire snake
Freeze Elemental - He shoots out Iceshots that freeze the player
Psycho - A Pain Elemental that contiunally changes it's attacks. From lost soul spitter , fire ball, fire snake and Freezer

I would add:

Steam Demon, shich I haven't finished yet. It's a pinky with cybernetic limbs (both upper and lower), armed with two heavy machineguns. It's like a super Heavy Weapon Dude - faster, tougher, and kick ass in melee combat.

Manflesh, a cross between possesed human being and a mancubus. I always liked to think than mancubi were just a late evolution of a possesed Homo Sapiens. Manflesh would be a mosnter between Human and Fatso aspects... ugly, obese, slower than mancubus, with no ranged attack. But it would squish you instantly if you came to close. He wouldn't be a really tough guy, he would just use horrific sound filled with agony to give people creeps.

Legion, the superdemon. He is the thousand, and thousand is him. Biblical demon in thousand aspects as a boss? May happen in Doom: Refresh Daemon...

Here's what I think.
First, it's the enemy:
- Sneezer: kinda like in Heretic 2, this Former Human blows his nose with a hanky and throws his acid goo at ya.
- Demon Sergeant (or simply Demon): an armored pinky Demon gone Red, who can belch walking flames on the ground to ya (inspired from the Bible of Doom). Same as Demon, but with flame attack.
- Metamorphosis Demon: a brown pinky demon who can transform either into farting gas or a rock from hell. The gas has 0 height and 1 width (nearly no-clipping), while the rock rolls and leaps around crushing ya.
- Walking Tongues: now that's a blast! They'd lick you for a 50+26 damage...
- Resurrector Demon: how funny it sounds. Well, it's an older idea of mine...
- Worm Monster: some multi-thing creature, I mean like lots of balls moving one next to another... You have to hit the head...nah it's lame.
- Camouflaging Lost Soul: a crate shaped lost soul, that's it :D
- Rocker demon: yaah, this is damn funny; some music to my ears would be perfect.
- One-headed Dragon: who hates one-headed dragons?
- Kamikaze bomber.
- Completely Invisible Noclipping (Unkillable) Demon.
- Red Possessor, whose ability can make you move uncontrollably.
- Blue Possessor, whose ability can make demons twice as big and half as thick and thrice as strong.
- Black Possessor, whose ability can black out the level and shut the doors, while repopulating the WHOLE place with...pinkies! Then up again!
- Fake shotgun; picking it up would result in a later headache with an odd monster.
- Seemingly friendly marine who shoots you when you turn the back.

NOW'S ON FRIENDLY PPL:
- Really friendly marine...
- Priest: really, just a (hopefully orthodox) priest... He'd walk with his gospel, chanting prayers and purifying the place. Demons would burn like their hell.
- (Arch)angel: A GOOD variant of the Arch-vile, with wings and a jDoom halo on its head, this would heal you and resurrect/convert demons for YOUR side...
- SUPERMAN: yep, Superman himself. Flight, god-mode, laser beams -- all possible under VANILLA doom! dunno about kryptonite yet...
- Walking Computer Monitor: this thing is meant to show you the objectives, as well as capturing monsters into it, so you can play DOOM with them...
- Lesser Angel, a good counterpant for Lost Souls.

Hope you enjoy it.

body of a hellknight the legs of those spider things the tentacle arm of one of those arm things and the head of one of the dogs.

Nautilus said:

I would so totally do the same. I might also add in a large hybrid of all monsters combined.

If it's an original DOOM2 hybrid, then what, whould that be a nondescript specter floating and cruising, that arch-flames you around, while also pistolling at ya? :)

Ebon said:

If it's an original DOOM2 hybrid, then what, whould that be a nondescript specter floating and cruising, that arch-flames you around, while also pistolling at ya? :)

Dear god, a flying spectred Arch-Vile. Now THAT'S evil.

Basically, I'd add a chainsaw zombie, super commando (chaingun for long distances, shotgun for upclose, unlike the former sarge's shooting four, his would shoot 6) and a faster Imp with spectre-ness.

Maybe add the beta Lost Soul back in, then make a PE variant that could shoot fireballs, shoot both types of Lost Souls and had a bite melee.

Maybe a nerfed Archvile that shot a stream of flames like the Doom 3 archie does.

Last on the list, an unarmed Revenant with a metal coating and spiked fists and the ability to jump both high and long so he could be in your face.

heh. I made a mod with a few of these monsters in them. it was meant to be the ground work for a doom 1 remake that took some elements from doom 3, the doom bible, PSX doom and hexen.

Each episode was one big hexen style HUB, with there own set of keys, items, monsters, weapons and bosses. each epersode would have it's own theme: Ep1: Mars base (classic doom/half-life) Ep2: Hell (Helllish Hexen) Ep3: Earth (half-life 2, 2nd last act) it wouldn't be to diffcult (puzzle wise) to finish each act, but it'd be full of hidden monsters, weapons and bosses, that you'd have to really be looking for to find (Castlevania SotN style). also, i'd make it harder without resorting to "KILL 50 CACODEMONS AT ONCE IF YOUR'RE SO GREAT" lameness. you'd have to reload you're weapons, your maximum speed would be doomguys current walking speed, monsters would be faster (not nightmare fast but faster) and often carry bigger guns.

the problem was, I can't map for shit. not that this would call for uber detailing, but it would at least call for some hardcore zdoom scripting. oh well.

Captain Red said:

the problem was, I can't map for shit. not that this would call for uber detailing, but it would at least call for some hardcore zdoom scripting. oh well.

You don't have to script if that's not in your mind. Pretend you're working for (D/B)oom.

I do need scripting if i want to have a hub system, coloured lighting, interesting bosses, slanted surfaces, slower player speeds and a bunch of other stuff. witch I do. But I know *nothing* about zdoom scripting. :(

zombiewedge said:

body of a hellknight the legs of those spider things the tentacle arm of one of those arm things and the head of one of the dogs.

mmm... this looks so weird, and at the same time so cool...