Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peach freak

How to use textures from other WADs?

In the current WAD I am making, I have been using the standard textures from Doom II. But there is one texture I want to use from another WAD. The texture I want to use is the outer space sky from TNT (that has the stars, the nebula, and all that cool stuff), as it is my favorite texture. But I don't know how to get it into my WAD right now. How can I do this? I am on my 10th level if this has anything to do with it. Thanks!

Wait, what I meant to say is that when I loaded the textures from tnt.wad into my WAD, I only got the linedef textures from tnt.wad available, and the ceiling/floor textures are still the same ones. How can I use the ceiling/floor textures from TNT.wad? All I need is the outer space sky one.

If the floor/ceiling textures aren't working properly, floow the directions here:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=573615#post573615

and everything should work dandy. (I'm not calling you a retard by the way :P).

As for the sky problem, i'll wager that it's not appearing because you're using the wrong map slot. I'll bet sky texture will work fine if your map is on the right slot. That probably didn't make much sense but i hope it helps.

Yeah, I noticed that in TNT, some levels have different sky textures. For example, map 16 has the outer space sky texture that I want. So I went to Doom Builder, decided to create a new level at map 16 (with the TNT.WAD textures loaded), and when I used the sky as my ceiling texture, it was the outer space one. So the sky texture you get from TNT depends on the level it is from.