Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OmegaJ4

ZDoom Launcher 3 problem

I got Zdoom launcher 3.0 recently. And i tired running Zbloodpack with it. It looked fine untill this message came up

W_Getnumforname. PLAYPAL not found!

What does this mean?

ZDL isn't an acronym, yno. ;)

The problem is that you've probabally put zBloodpack in as an IWAD when it's a PWAD (External files, not IWAD). Make sure you also have an IWAD defined.

Well thats fixed that. Now another error (I hate these things) Showed up

"Scrip Error, DECORATE line 7. Inventory. pickupsound is an unknown actor property.

Help Me please! Thank you =)

OmegaJ4 said:

Just goes to normal Doom

Tell us exactly step-by step what you're doing. ZDL is one of the simplest launchers out there. There is very little that can go wrong with it, yet somehow you're managing to not load the PWAD, or possibly your loading the IWAD as if it were a PWAD after the PWAD or something...

Well here goes.

Part 1. ZDl3

I Select Zbloodpack in ZDl3 Format. The normal message show's up.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8954/errorpart17hr.png

I press Launch. Then This shows up.

As for Zdoom 2-96.

It seems only to run IWADS and Not PWADS. i tired my best to explain my problems

Is it possibly to run PWADS with Zdoom 2-96? If so How? And what does
Scrip error Decorate line 7. Inventory pickupsound is an unknown actor property?

The error simply means that this WAD doesn't work with 2.0.96. It needs the community build (2.0.96x).

You find the link further above in this thread.

Graf Zahl said:

The error simply means that this WAD doesn't work with 2.0.96. It needs the community build (2.0.96x).

You find the link further above in this thread.

Graf is, of course, correct.

OmegaJ4 said:

Nope. Tried it with that one. Dosen't work. Just goes to normal Doom

Apparently you didn't set it up right, because that's the one you need to use. You seem to have everything else set up correctly, so try a re-install of 2.0.96x, make sure ZDL knows where it is and try again. I certanly have no problem configuring and using ZDL with a number of different Zdoom installs.

Let's play spot the difference shall we?

;)

Now, take Belial's advice and see what you come up with. :D

Enjay said:

Let's play spot the difference shall we?
Now, take Belial's advice and see what you come up with. :D

Okay. Thats there But..

Is this by any chance the first level of Zbloodpack? Nope.

:(

Well, I'm really confused now. There is nothing complicated about ZDL at all. It's worked from day 1 for me with no problems what so ever.

This :

worked perfectly for me. With a simple click of the launch button, zbloodpack was loaded and I was soon playing zbloodpack map01.

Perhaps you could add +logfile log.txt to the command line and post the contents from the start of the log. Perhaps that might give a clue as to why the WAD is not being loaded.

Lesson of the Day: Don't use a launcher for DOOM games (unless it's necessary, e.g., for ZDaemon, etc.)

Hmmm, I just noticed something very odd about the IWAD box from your ZDL screenshot. I don't know what you've been trying to do but you have 3 wads listed in there (humans, humandemo and monsters) that are not IWADs. Something about your configuration is screwy for sure.

Enjay said:
Something about your configuration is screwy for sure.

Does the launcher read wad headings to sort them? If so it's likely that those wads were edited (noobishly!) starting from copies of IWADs (from which they still have the headers.)

As I recall, you put them in manually yourself. You specify which exes and which IWADs you want to use via a config dialogue.

[edit]
Yes, I checked, you set up exe and IWAD locations via the config. My advice would be to delete the zdl.ini and reconfigure zdl as something is obviously screwed with how it is set up.
[/edit]

AT LAST IT WORKS! =D =D (Parties)

That took to long. But at least it works. Thanks Everyone! (Mainly Enjay)

I found the problem. in ZDl3 where it said "Source ports" i was using the wrong Zdoom. So i changed it. Sucsess! Thank you! =)

Huzzah! This was starting to bug me almost as much as it was bugging you I think. Glad it's sorted.