Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lutrov71

Gameplay types

I'm working on a project that will have three different gameplay types throughout the whole wad. A different type of gameplay on easy skill, different type on HMP and different type on UV.
I've decided that HMP will have 'strategically' placed monsters and will be very well thought out.
UV will use the slaughter gameplay mode, maps crammed full of monsters, health and ammunition.
I don't know what kind of gameplay I should use for the easy skills. Any suggestions? It should be very different to the other two types.

Obviously easy, so heres an idea, spread out clusters of monsters, just grouped in places througout the map with a chance for the player to recover in heath, ammo, and psychologically in between each.

Lutrov71 said:

I'm working on a project that will have three different gameplay types throughout the whole wad. A different type of gameplay on easy skill, different type on HMP and different type on UV.
I've decided that HMP will have 'strategically' placed monsters and will be very well thought out.
UV will use the slaughter gameplay mode, maps crammed full of monsters, health and ammunition.
I don't know what kind of gameplay I should use for the easy skills. Any suggestions? It should be very different to the other two types.

I did this with Phobia in 2001. Skill 1 and 2 were action. Lots of ammo, and lots of stuff to kill. skill 3 were barely any monsters at all. Merely you and your shadow lurking the map. And skill4 were lesser ammo, not too crazy weapons and a bit tougher enemies.

Heh, it's actually a 32 level megawad that Shtbag and I recently started. Some more info here: http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?t=1408

I'm glad you're interested. :)

Shtbag and I have actually chosen a difficulty 'theme' for easy skill: Lots of tricks and traps, tight ammo, low health etc. It should prove to be quite interesting.

SWEET! This is going to be great. Really looking forward to the Punisher type difficulty! Nothing better then a megawad full of slaughter maps... :)

BTW? Do you guys need any beta testers?