Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MailmanTS

DOOM: The Lost Episodes

Does anyone know where I could buy the actual levels of this elusive add-on, on ebay and amazon the only thing they offer is the book, I need the levels.

This is one of the hardest to find pieces of DOOM merchandise I have ever encountered, and finding it would be great.

I really don't care much about the book, just the levels, although, the book would be a plus!

Thanks for any help.

No. It's that the entry exists on the database, but the file is not on the archive, as it's been deleted because it's copyrighted (may be acquired only by getting the CD, or whatever the wad came in.)

MailmanTS said:
Do you know where I could buy the cd?

Not really, but its curious that the book is relatively common but not the CD (there are like 20 offers at Amazon.) Maybe the book sucks.

The wads aren't really much; I've heard that most if not all the maps by Klie are in the archive anyway in other wads offered for free, and he reputably designed the better maps in the set. You can search for his (author) name on the database.

I've played these before, and in my opinion they are quite good. Pretty on par with the stock maps. I first played them off some doom wads collection CD I bought at a pawn shop, but I no longer have it or remember the name (I think it was something like "Doom I and II Collection")
Supposedly the maps take place on different moons of Jupiter, I think "Io" was in the name of some of the maps. The wad even came with some patch wad that was supposed to fix some sort of bug.

Worth a look, that is if this is the same thing that I played.

EarthQuake said:

Supposedly the maps take place on different moons of Jupiter, I think "Io" was in the name of some of the maps.

That's it, that's the one.

According to the page of DOOM, the Lost Episodes take place at the same time as the first game, on remote and relatively smaller UAC installations on Io and Castillo, Jupiter's outer and inner most moons, respectively.

You are a scientist on your way back home from the outer solar system in a cryogenicaly frozen state when a distress call from the Jupiter installations automaticaly wakes you and sends you there.

Appearantly, you used to be a marine, and you have combat expierience. The first episode takes place on Castillo, the second on Io, and the third in the red spot of Jupiter, supposively the largest gateway to Hell in the solar system.

Dang, talking about it makes me want to play it!

I believe Klie had released his maps for free on their own prior to their inclusion in Lost Episodes, so you should be able to find them online (maybe here?). I'm not sure if they were modified, and overall I'm not at all sure of the status of the Lost Episodes wad. Should it be viewed as a commercial wad (if so, did it have id's blessing?) or was it a free wad included with a commercial product?

In any case, the wad included with the book was non-distributable, which I believe is the basic reason it was removed from the archive shortly after it had been uploaded (the txt included by the uploader was a fake).

Grazza said:

(maybe here?). I'm not sure if they were modified, and overall I'm not at all sure of the status of the Lost Episodes wad.

Thanks Grazza...

BTW, I feel stupid, but I'm new to wads and lumps and computer language and whatnot, I know alittle but I'm mostly dumb on the subject...

So, how do I make level wads work with jdoom and the kickstart program?

Everytime I load a map wad nothing happens, it just sends me to the main menu and when I start a new game it send me to the first map.

When I try to use the warp command, it says "Error: Warp failed"
and loading a wad from the console does nothing.

I'm lost and frankly I need some help!