Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ringman

Doom LCD

Ok a while back a friend and I were goofing off with a pencil and some paper and drawing versions of lcd handheld games. We'd each challenge each other with a game, and the other would be forced to attempt to draw all the sprites on the screen that would be required for the game to work. We did things like bomberman, zelda, castlevania (actually a handheld I believe) and other games. One that came up was Doom, of course it was my turn, but I managed a pretty convincing one that had 2 weapons and 2 enemies with some animation and a automap. It also had ammo health and keys and was done in a 3d by using lines to form the walls and floor...etc. Not too bad IMO but anyway, one day I was surfing the net and I found a link to a ytmnd that featured a doom lcd game that someone doctored of a tiger handheld or something. Anyway it was a pretty cool animation, but I was at the library and didn't think to write down the website. Now I've been looking all over for it. I've searched it on google, even on ytmnd but couldn't find it. I even searched these forums. Does anyone know where this is?

Thanks.

God I hope not. It was awesome. I wanted to show it to my friends who played "draw an lcd game" with me.

By some reason, i don't get as many hits when searching for Doom on ytmnd as before, it has happened before though, so i would search again later/tomorrow just so you can be sure that it wasn't deleted.

Yeah, i've seen that before. The music as we all know is E1M1 there. I once found that SNL skit a night at the roxbury but they changed the guys to doom heads. Also, i found one with quagmire from family guy. quite clever.

its called YTMND fads, and they are generally repetive intermixing of various topics, so dont be surprised to find a lot of doom stuff on YTMND (most of it crap).

also is YTMND broken for anyone else? (edit: not anymore, max posted fixed it)

If you look real closely you'll see that the second weapon was meant to be a chaingun you can see the outlines of it within the shotgun. I'm interested in seeing other tiger LCD mockups, though from what I've seen on ytmnd the ones they make couldn't work or just look to stupid that it doesn't matter.