Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

WANT A CUSTOM TITLE?

Here's how to get one:

You know on the front page of the forums where it says how many people are currently browsing the board? I want to see that number as large as I can get it, so here goes.

This Saturday, 11/3/01, at noon PST, I will take a screenshot of the front page of the forums, and all the people who are online will get a custom title of their choosing.

That is all.

i already have a custom title right?

No, mewse, you don't.

And this blows, because I work Saturdays. 8-3.

For those who won't have internet access at that time: you can get a Unix shell account, set up a crontab job to run lynx every, say, three minutes, and make it connect to doomworld.com and login.

Or, Ling, is it allowed?

[edit]no, wait, i'm dumb; shells won't allow you to leave jobs running :([/edit]

Wouldn't it be amazing if I wasn't here for this.

No kidding. It'd be totally non-newsworthy.

Could I like, have one now? I don't have a net connection at home, otherwise I would be all over it.

I won't start planning my time for internet sites, and the idea isn't quite fair, because many users don't visit at fixed times, and with the time differences some may be unable to visit at that time at all. It is more fair, as I see it, granting custom titles to users who have reached a certain number of posts, or who have been registered for a while and visit on a regular basis (if there's a way to check this).

Usually It's someone who makes an impression on Ling or one of the others that gets a title. Like Disorder.

I won't start planning my time for internet sites, and the idea isn't quite fair, because many users don't visit at fixed times, and with the time differences some may be unable to visit at that time at all. It is more fair, as I see it, granting custom titles to users who have reached a certain number of posts, or who have been registered for a while and visit on a regular basis (if there's a way to check this).

The issue of "fairness" is irrelevant. You don't need a custom title, and we hand them out at our own whim at any rate.

I'm going to make my desktop a big note that says "Doomworld at noon saturday". Anything to get rid of "CAKE SUCKS"

what if over a hundred members show? then Ling will have his work cut out. I want mine to say "cetra killer" (sephiroth is from final fantasy VII) or "lena koslova sucks!"

PST is GMT -6 right? I hate time-zones.
I'll be there. (probably)

we need a time zone timer on the index page as well

I think Lüt has a screenshot with 18 members browsing at the same time...

20 was the most I've ever seen.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

This Saturday, 11/3/01, at noon PST, I will take a screenshot of the front page of the forums, and all the people who are online will get a custom title of their choosing.

DANG! I'll prolly be at a computer show with my friend an' his Dad. Well, I got dibs on the custom title 'CAKE SUCKS'. J/k. Really, I'd like 'Football am GOOD'. Well, that's the best one I can think of.... :)

I'll just hang out here all day as usual and not have to worry about that timezone crap :P

I might be playing football, though, so I'll just come inside for five minutes. Or I could just leave my computer on the forums all day.

Anyway, I think noon PST is 3 PM EST.