Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Odd Eye

Monster teleporting

How do you make monsters teleport out of nowhere into a room? Like, when you use a switch or walk over a line and suddenly monsters start teleporting in. I've tried to look at other maps, but still, I can't get it to work. Someone please help.

Build a sector to hold the monsters in that still has relations to the first sector so that when you make a noise they wake up. Put a barrier between the monster and their teleport line, a wall or something, so that when you activate a switch the wall is moved and they wlak over the line and teleport to the sector that you are in.

shotgunmasacre2 said:

Build a sector to hold the monsters in that still has relations to the first sector so that when you make a noise they wake up. Put a barrier between the monster and their teleport line, a wall or something, so that when you activate a switch the wall is moved and they wlak over the line and teleport to the sector that you are in.

but then how do you get the monsters to walk to the line? When i try one or two teleport in while the rest just mull around =/

renagade said:
but then how do you get the monsters to walk to the line? When i try one or two teleport in while the rest just mull around =/

Use WR teleport triggers, so that they can be activated multiple times. Face the triggers towards the waiting monsters. Monsters, when awakened, always try to get to the player even if they are confined to dummy sectors... so place the teleport triggers between the player position and the waiting monsters.

Mordeth said:

Use WR teleport triggers, so that they can be activated multiple times. Face the triggers towards the waiting monsters. Monsters, when awakened, always try to get to the player even if they are confined to dummy sectors... so place the teleport triggers between the player position and the waiting monsters.

Errr... I work on the Zdoom format o_o

renagade said:

Then it's even easier: use the action "Thing_Spawn (tag, spawntype, angle)" or an ACS Script with a list of this kind of actions, activated by the switch! ;)

renagade said:

What has that got to do with it?

Yeah, I agree with mordeth, I use zdoom and the way to teleport monsters is the same as it is in other ports, or you could use a acs script to telport monsters.

Mordeth said:

What has that got to do with it?

ZDoom, or for that matter, Hexen (the map format) doesnt use stuff like W, or S to denote activation type. Instead it allows the user to select the activation type. (so WR doesnt make any sense to ZDoom Hexen Format users).

HobbsTiger1 said:

ZDoom, or for that matter, Hexen (the map format) doesnt use stuff like W, or S to denote activation type. Instead it allows the user to select the activation type. (so WR doesnt make any sense to ZDoom Hexen Format users).

Indeed.

renagade said:

Indeed.

So, make sure the line is set with a player or monster cross activation type (both work for teleporting monsters - without the need to also have the monster activate flag set as far as I can tell) and set the repeatable flag too.