Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
me

Help on playing internet games.

Okay, some help here would be hot. I have been playing Doom for a while now, when I found out you could play on the internet. I would like some help on getting started, so if anyone could help me, it would be great :)!
Anyways, here is the list of doom games that I have:

Ultimate Doom. (win 95 edition, I don't know the version number)
Doom 2, version 1.666.
Final Doom, the plutonia experiment, version 1.9
Final Doom, TNT, version 1.9

I think I have all of them, but i'm not sure. Could anyone give me some instructions on how to start playing internet games? Thanks!

I think I have all of them, but i'm not sure. Could anyone give me some instructions on how to start playing internet games? Thanks!

Doom2 is played most online, so you might want to stick to this. First of all, you have to patch your Doom2 v1.666 to v1.9 (using the patches found at eg. our patches section). Then, browse around our multiplayer section for lots of programs you can use to play Doom2 online.

Widely used are ZDaemon and Doomserv, so I suggest you try these two programs first. Doomworld's multiplayer section contains links to both programs and web sites for more information.

happy fragging,

Hey! Thanks for the reply!

About the patch download, I don't know witch patch to download. Should I download the doom2p16 patch, or the doom2p patch?

You can use our new multiplayer service Doom Legacy Connector (for: Legacy, ZDoom, CSDoom, ZDaemon and SkullTag). Not too many people using it yet, thats a shame. I guess its because 'Legacy' is in the name, which is kind of a deception.

EDIT: This is a lobby based service, not a server spy or ping tool. Its much like MPlayer.