Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MikeyScoots

World of Warcraft- Who plays?

Just wondering if anybody around here plays. I currently suffer the addiction unfortunately on Realm Balnazzar with my Lvl 33 Orc Warrior.

I fail to understand what's so special about WoW. Raid instances are immensely boring.

Played since beta, with my main Human Paladin (yes, laugh! laugh!) on Turalyon. I stopped last November, since sticking to a 3-times-a-week raid schedule just wasn't compatible with work and Real Life (or actually interesting) anymore.

Mordeth said:

Played since beta, with my main Human Paladin (yes, laugh! laugh!) on Turalyon. I stopped last November, since sticking to a 3-times-a-week raid schedule just wasn't compatible with work and Real Life (or actually interesting) anymore.

Or Mordeth >.>

I do, after id (of course), Blizzard makes my favorite PC games, for me, it's Diablo 2 all over again.

I started around Christmas and I have a 35 Human Paladin on Sargeras.

i just started playing about a week and a half ago, and i have a Tauren Hunter on Detheroc server. i love it so far

My bro and some of his friends play, and I tried but just didn't get into it.

City of Heroes and City of Villians for me!

My friend bought it and he gave me his 10-day restricted guest pass to use. I was always making fun of him for it but it's actually pretty fun, I've been playing it a lot for the past couple of days. I don't think I'm going to buy a proper account, at least not yet, because I have issues with paying money monthly for a game. It also took me about 4 or 5 hours to install and update, and Blizzard's updater is a piece of shit - it's a modified Bittorrent client and you can't even change the upload limit, meaning it utterly raped my connection.

But it's good fun to play. Currently, level 13 night-elf druid on the Nordrassil realm.

Heh. Only MMO I ever played seriously cost me $50 for a 2 year package. Yarr Pirates.
Having said that, Just about every MMO seems the same to me. A month or so of levelling up or whatever and then the same repetitive shit over and over again. At least in Puzzle Pirates, the tasks, which were puzzles, are innately repetitive, no way around it, and if you liked puzzle games, which you had to, it withdrew from the boredom. Which I guess is why I couls tand to play it. Plus the game was always evolving.

But this was never meant to be a rant and or rave about Puzzle Pirates.

In a slightly different vein it's hilarious when a game comes from beta to release and there's loads of people complaining "OMG we have to PAY for this?" Heh. Saw it in PP and a couple other games.

I play a Gnome Mage named Xenphire on Illidan and an Orc Warlock named Vorlox on Kilrogg.

I don't, but my sister is absolutely hooked on it. She plays nearly everyday all day. Of course she has friends who also play so I guess that makes it a little funner.

I've played since early closed beta, april '04. So, 23 months worth of WoW under my belt.

I've got a 60 Warlock Epyo on the greatest server in the game, Mannoroth. My best buddy in game picked the server, glad he did too.

I've been trying to quit for about 4 months now, since November, and I just can't do it. It's really ridiculous. I've been raiding with my guild, Liiuminati, since April '05 ish, about 5 hours a night, 7 days a week. Somehow, they don't understand why I want to quit :/ We're stuck on Twin Emperors (boss number 5 of the 6 main bosses in the hardest dungeon: "Ahn'Qiraj"), and we were like in the top 10 guilds in the nation at one point as far as progress goes in the dungeon, but everyone's pretty much tied right now.

World of Warcraft is probably one of the greatest games of all time, as long as you stay away from the raids. The raids COMPLETELY ruin the game. If they could stop adding raids and start making some more 5man and 10man dungeons, everyone would be happy. The 5mans and 10mans in wow are some of the coolest video game dungeons, while the raids are just horrible horrible garbage.

I haven't raided/played in nearly 6 days now, which is my second longest time ever, so I think I can beat this addiction. I've been buying a lot of other games to hold the urges down. I got Day of Defeat: Source a week ago, and just today got that newest Medal of Honor for PS2, which, by the way, is awesome.