Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MailmanTS

Level Editors for jDoom

Hi guys, I need some advice..

I'm looking forward to getting into level design myself and would like to start editing some maps and creating my own...

I was curious what the best (if any) editor is availiable for jDoom, and will properly display jDoom features, in particular, the jDRP.

I just need to know which is the best editor for jDoom, as jDoom is the best version I have ever found, with far more features then others I've tried.

I'm brand-spanking-new to Doom level editing and editing in general, so a user-friendly interface would be preferable but not nessacary.

Thanks for any help.

doombuilder is probably the best out there, but has no specific features to support jdoom. i dont think there is such an editor for what your looking for

When editing for Doomsday (jDoom) an author does not need any specific editors in order to produce resources of any kind (including maps, models etc).

You can use any program you would normally use to edit the file formats Doomsday supports.

If you want to include Doomsday-specific, level editing features in your map - they can all be accomplished via DED (Doomsday Engine Definitions. These are plain text definitions that can be written to seperate DED files (that can be bundled together with your level in a ZIP/PK3) or they can be included directly in your WAD).

As mentioned, you can use any level editor to create maps for jDoom such as DeepSea, DoomBuilder and SLADE.

I tried using doombuilder and when i tested it with doomsday i get this error

I used the correct line parameter for the testing, using the doomsday.exe im trying to test the "test" map but it gives me that error, any ideas?

I used the correct line parameter for the testing, using the doomsday.exe im trying to test the "test" map but it gives me that error, any ideas?

Looks like either you or DoomBuilder isn't passing Doomsday the correct command-line parameters (in particular it looks like the runtime directory isn't being set correctly -userdir).

For help on Doomsday command-line parameters see - http://www.doomsdayhq.com/doc_cmdline.php

does anyone else use doomsday to test and use levels built by doombuilder because i have no clue what to put : (

-basedir "PATHTOMYDOOMSDAYBASEFOLDER" -userdir "PATHTOMYDOOMSDAYRUNTIMEFOLDER" -game jDoom.dll -iwad "}Data\jDoom\%D" -file "%A" "%F" +map %L -skill 3 -wh WINDOWWIDTH WINDOWHEIGHT

Put the above in DoomBuilder's command line parameters dialog and then find Doomsday.exe (in eg C:\Doomsday\bin)

You will need to edit the above with details correct as per your system eg:

-basedir "C:\Doomsday" -userdir "C:\Doomsday\run" -game jDoom.dll -iwad "}Data\jDoom\%D" -file "%A" "%F" +map %L -skill 3 -wh 1024 768