Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stooge999x

Need help finding good total conversions

I'm an old doom fan who's been out of the loop for a LOOONG time. Can anyone help point me in the direction of some really great total conversions (for any doom, 1-3). Or is there maybe a cool site with a list of some of the best? I've been craving some doom but want something new to play.

The best TCs I know are:
-"Hell Revealed" and "Hell Revealed 2";
-"Memento Mori" and "Memento Mori 2";
-"Alien Vendetta";
-"Scythe" and "Scythe 2";
-"Vile Flesh".
These are 32-level MegaWADs, some of which with new graphical resources. There are many more, but I think these are the most renowned! There are several PCs (Partial Convertions) too: I mean .WADs with less than 32 levels, but replacing or using lots of new resources (textures, flats, sprites, monsters, weapons, etc.), such as "RTC-3057 Blue: Hub 1", "Doom Resurrection" (uncompleted MegaWAD), "Dark 7", "New World" and "New World 2", "Titan", "Simplicity", "Italian DooM - Episode 1: The Lost Colony".
Look for them in the archives: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/ or have a look at my site, "Outpost of Doom 2": http://www.webalice.it/sposito.lag/, where you can find some information and much more about some TCs or PCs I reviewed in the "Reviews" section of course! ;)

Ismaele said:

The best TCs I know are:
-"Hell Revealed" and "Hell Revealed 2";
-"Memento Mori" and "Memento Mori 2";
-"Alien Vendetta";
-"Scythe" and "Scythe 2";
-"Vile Flesh".

None of those are TCs.

Awesome(more or less) TCs from all times:
Aliens TC
Batman Doom
Hacx
Qdoom
All hell
Fist Full of Doom
Army Of Darkness
The Wolfendoom conversions (lots of these)
Action Doom (Not quite a TC. But more than a mere PC)
Bittersweet
Romero Death Skittles
Sonic Robo Blast Doom2

Some more or less awesome PCs/Episodes:
Twice Risen
High Tech Hell2
RTC 3057
Equinox
Nimrod (my project)
Darkening Episode 2
Supersonic Doom
Strain

etc

YEP! :P I suppose Kristus is right...! ;) A TC changes everything in it: graphics (textures, flats, sprites, monsters, weapons, etc.). Anyway, those I mentioend are still good MegaWADs. ;)

Thanks for all of your replies, I'm checking some out now. I should have mentioned some that I played that I liked, like The Darkening 2, Army of Darkness, Zombies, Wolfendoom, Batman, Icarus, and Daedalus.
Also, I misspoke in my request. I'm not exclusively looking for TC's (as in everything changed), I'm looking for partial conversions too. Anything that will provide a great gameplay experience for doom/doom2/doom3. So if your favorite wasn't posted here, please feel free to mention it!

kristus said:

None of those are TCs.

Awesome(more or less) TCs from all times:
Aliens TC
Batman Doom
Hacx
Qdoom
All hell
Fist Full of Doom
Army Of Darkness
The Wolfendoom conversions (lots of these)
Action Doom (Not quite a TC. But more than a mere PC)
Bittersweet
Romero Death Skittles
Sonic Robo Blast Doom2

Some more or less awesome PCs/Episodes:
Twice Risen
High Tech Hell2
RTC 3057
Equinox
Nimrod (my project)
Darkening Episode 2
Supersonic Doom
Strain

etc

If you could provide a link to some of these (such as Bittersweet and Fist Full of Doom) I'd appreciate. Nothing turned up when I searched for them at /igames.

Bittersweet was only released after Lilwhite mouse left the community. So it's slightly unfinished. Nothing major though.

You should be able to find it on the Zdoom WIKI.

Or ask on the Zdoom forums.