Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Submerge

help me out here....

Now, once in a bookstore, I saw a complete replacement of DOOM that takes place on Jupiter. The Episode Names Were:

Massacre on Callisto
The Killing Fields of Io
The Big Red Spot -- Hell's Gate

What WAS that? does anyone know? I'd like to find a copy.

Massacre on Callisto
The Killing Fields of Io
The Big Red Spot -- Hell's Gate

Io's surface is pretty much magma. It has no geograhy, it changes in a matter of seconds. The Red Spot is a maelstorm of winds surpassing the 3000 km/h.

What was my point? They're obviously crap. Still, this deserves some research...just for masochism.

Io's surface is pretty much magma. It has no geograhy, it changes in a matter of seconds.

My god, what a cool Doom3 level you could base THAT on!

The keyword here is "base". I have absolutely no idea on how could someone establish a compound in that moon ^_^

A lattice structure surrounding the entire moon would kinda hold itself up. It's very improbable, but if I wanted reaslism in my games I'd play Monopoly all day.

Fuck, I need creative escapism, not limits enforced by the quest for realism in games.

IO's surface is solid but one problem. it is very( i mean very) geologicaly active. the surface might as well be all magma, eruptions all the time and constant quakes rip at this moon. second why would u even put anything there. also no human could even be on/in jupiter, even if they where in a ship. so i highly dout this

you don't understand. it can and will happen. here's why. people are stupid. rich people are even more stupid. rich people would spend money on something insane like that. i mean, look at hollywood. how stupid do you have to be to build your house on the side of a hill in mudslide territory?

Think of it this way: Everybody's right. It will happen, and it won't work, and a lot of rich dumb people will end up getting themselves killed. Oh-bla-di, oh-bla-dah, life goes on (for the rest of us.)

Back to the original topic... I don't know. I've never seen that. Maybe run a search on Northern Light.

However, Europa would be an awesome setting. The surface is 100% ice, but undersea, there is one humongus ocean...and who knows what's beneath the surface?

And what about Jupiter? There's a pretty solid arguement saying there could be a massive liquid hydrogen sea under those clouds. It's radius would be hundreds of times bigger than Earth's. And the best part, the very same core on Jupiter could be a giantic diamond, even greater than the Earth.