Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DRE will cause you brain damage even if you just want to check its badness. This is crap of the lowest quality and deserves to be removed from existence.

Technically no, since it's meant for a specific version of ZDoom (included with the zip). However it is completely unacceptable for a wad to not be compatible with FUTURE releases of an engine.

Scuba Steve said:

Technically no, since it's meant for a specific version of ZDoom (included with the zip). However it is completely unacceptable for a wad to not be compatible with FUTURE releases of an engine.

That can always happen. And in the defense of the author (gasp!), the thing that broke this map could not be foreseen.

On the other hand, he was clearly too stupid to sort this out. It was a rather trivial thing to fix so the fact that he wasn't able to clearly shows his skills.

I disagree, there is no defense of the author. It's not as though the map broke AFTER he released it, the map broke in a subsequent release while he was making it, he didn't fix the problem and packaged an old exe in the zip and told you to use that. It's a bit different than Batman Doom not working with ZDoom.

Tormentor667 said:

It doesn't? Works quite well for me!

Killer Croc is broken, The Joker is broken, the Smoke Bombs don't work correctly, Arkham Assylum has issues with the 666 and 667 tags. I believe there are a number of other dehacked things that are borked. I know Cyb was working on a Batman Doom ZDoom fix that scaled all the enemies by 70% and repaired everything, but I don't think he got very far on it.