Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

after these wads

one that shows off several effects - I remember "wow" being in the filename, but it isn't actually the filename - at one stage, you attack a cacodemon with a pistol, but you have plenty of cover. There was an invisible staircase, and a lot of signs pointing out the various effects.

Metallica doom: wads included "hell on mars", a level where you're on a spaceship, and a level centred around a pit, which was the only one to feature metallica music :S - I think this series was made by someone with an AOL page, and he made a wad with far too many enemies on-screen - not "nuts", but something else...

wopworld - this one is just weird.

The Metallica Doom stuff sounds like it was by the infamous George Fiffy aka King REoL. There only seems to be a handful of his WADs in idgames for some reason (based on a quick search for 'fiffy' and 'reol').

david_a said:
There only seems to be a handful of his WADs in idgames for some reason (based on a quick search for 'fiffy' and 'reol').

Yeah, but Fiffy's page is still online with his wads.

I couldn't find it after some quick googling, but then again I'm not too keen on ever seeing that page again ;)

kristus said:

I thought they banned his ass.

Sounds plausible :)

All this talking about him does bring up "fond" memories, though... Remember 'eXtreme Detail' (aka, slopes/curves made from 1-unit wide sectors)?

Sure thing. He sure was a master of inventions.

OMG faked slopes. yay, tons of details that could have been made with textures just as easily. And then a big empty hallway in the next area. Where did the detail go? Sorry, ran out of sidedefs after the first room or something.

I loved when he actually bragged about how his map brought people's systems to their knees, but he 'forgot' to build a REJECT map for it!