Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

How do you feel when someone stop the time?

This is something I were asking myself, in ROE, Carnage Galore, Zdoom, the player has the ability to "stop the time" (freeze), I know in Zdoom it's a cheat and doesn't work in multiplayer, but about the others? I never had the chance to experiment. Can you stop the time when there are other players arround? if so what happens then? In case they get affected (I suppose not) how's that experimented by the victim?

Edit: Ups I think this belongs to "questions"

AFAIK its a developer tool and only works on single player. Not certain on this though.

I've been sort of thinking about having an enemy using time stop (probably near the end and maybe with a palette shift). I think it would act much like normal, with all the projectiles or whatever halted. It would most likely be like pausing the game. You couldn't turn around, change weapons, etc., and any effects you had at the time won't count down while you're frozen (if you're invisible, you'll stay invisible). Damage sectors shouldn't hurt frozen people, since damage occurs at certain intervals. Finally, if you fall off a tall cliff (assuming there's falling damage) and you're frozen three inches above the ground, when the time stop wears off, you'll still go splat. The only one that could move around is whoever used the time stop.

Sounds interesting, and the enemy should be moving while you're "paused"?
How does it works in ROE and the first Hunter? The monster teleport, or does the player stay frozen and see the hunter moving, or does you get paused for a while and when things back to normal the monster is in a diferent place? These are the only posiblities I can think.

I don't know about that. I've never played the Doom 3 expansion. For CG3, you'd probably be watching as the enemy moves around while you're frozen, but you couldn't do anything about it.

The first hunter just turns into a lightning bolt and moves to a certain place, then transforms back. The player is in normal time the entire moment, so its not really freezing or slowing down time at all; more like the hunter can just move faster at times.
However, when you use the ability after getting it from him, you slow time to what seems like 1/10 (guess) of normal time, where every monster and projectile is slowed, but the player and projectiles he fires are at normal speed.

In Doomsday you can set the length of tics on the server and thus all players connected to the server are affected.

By altering the length of a game tic you are effectively slowing down/speeding up time.

Load up Doomsday and experiment with the settics NUM console command.

In ZDOOM the freeze cheat suspends all frame durations. The environment (doors, ceilings) and the player keep moving, so I guess when this cheat were used in multiplayer you would see players moving around with frozen frames.