Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

SLADE Upgrade

You should stop changing the filename with each version :P
Anyway, updated untilities list.

Yeah I haven't had linux to test/compile with. I'll reinstall Ubuntu sometime soon though. Also I have no idea how to create a makefile :/ For the previous versions Miffe created the Jamfile for me.

Zeroth said:

...Still waiting for a tarball and a linux make file.

I dont map edit enough to NEED a linux editor, but if SlayeR did compile it for linux it would be <3

SlayeR said:

Yeah I haven't had linux to test/compile with. I'll reinstall Ubuntu sometime soon though. Also I have no idea how to create a makefile :/ For the previous versions Miffe created the Jamfile for me.

I'm a developer too, though I'm not sure how to create a makefile.

I think, but dont quote me, you need a program like "automake"

I love that you've chosen GTK+ for Slade :-)

edit: get a sourceforge.net account if you don't already have one. They have this thing called the "Compile Farm" where you can connect to a remote machine running a specific OS (Linux, *BSD, Mac OSX, etc) and compile your stuff there.

Zeroth said:

I love that you've chosen GTK+ for Slade :-)

In case you haven't noticed: GTK+ has been dumped in favor of wxWidgets. At least that's a real GUI library.

Graf Zahl said:

In case you haven't noticed: GTK+ has been dumped in favor of wxWidgets. At least that's a real GUI library.

I haven't noticed. I don't use Slade, simply because I'm too lazy to figure out how to compile it on my linux box wihout a make file -- otherwise I would.

I just remember reading that Slade used GTK+ two or more releases ago.

There's nothing wrong with GTK+.

Zeroth said:

It's nice for linux, but it is a pain on Windows. The GIMP is very picky about which version is installed, and using the one that comes with gaim will cause crashes. Luckily, gaim can use the one that comes with the GIMP. Also, the GIMP takes significantly longer to start up on Windows as it does on linux.

Zeroth said:

Under Windows there's everything wrong with it. It doesn't conform to any of the user interface conventions normally used and as exp(x) said, due to the way it is used problems are inevitable if there are version conflicts.

wxWidgets, on the other hand - that's a well implemented GUI wrapper.