Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leileilol

this is [link to flash game]

Heh, I really like that. It's strangely hypnotic. Is there an end-point or do you just keep diving and evolving?

Very cool. Reminds me of Ecco the Dolphin a bit. Can you even beat the game, though? It seems like I got down really far, I'm not sure how many levels down, but there wasn't a red flower. I wonder if that was the end? I know I pretty much ate everything I could find.

If you go to the forum you'll see a thread where people claim it's a rip-off (or at least 'highly influenced') by the video of Spore. It does seem fairly similar to beginning of the video, although it's a lot simpler.

Also in case anyone is wondering why there's all this fuss about some stupid dots floating around, you need Flash 8 for it to work properly. I wish this was stated more clearly on the main page - it would have saved me some confusion.

This is really awesome. I basically played it until there was nothing left to eat.
Anyone beat uberworm yet (it was on the black level)? What a battle that was...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but within about 3 minutes there was nothing left to eat. The gameplay is agonizingly slow. I don't mind minimal gameplay like this (after all, I can still enjoy Tetris or Pac-Man), but it's far too slow paced.

Welcome to another style over substance flash "game" .. that doesn't provide anything except wank fodder for people who think games are an artform, and completely forget about the actual gameplay.

EarthQuake said:

Anyone beat uberworm yet (it was on the black level)? What a battle that was...

Yeah, that battle took me a while to figure out. I thought the amoebas(the circular cluster of orbs) were harder to eat, though, even with a nearly fully evolved worm. Those things are very tricky.

Yeah the amoebas gave me more problem than the last worm. He was alone, the amoebas weren't. :p

AS someone said. Mezmerising. I forgot about everything while playing it. Good fun, didn't last too long though. But, I guess Spore will. :O

udderdude said:

Welcome to another style over substance flash "game" .. that doesn't provide anything except wank fodder for people who think games are an artform, and completely forget about the actual gameplay.

I agree, I thought the game sucked. I don't know how people would consider that game art, it's got the same "stick-figure" style that many internet games have.

The only reason anyone would consider it "art" is because it features "atmospheric" music and there's a lot of fading/glowing graphics. Thing is, this reminds me of a sample game .fla that you might find in the tutorial for Flash 6.