Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cycloid

alpha out soon...

yeah that page is a bit out of date, the news page has a bit more up to date info. and yeah it was codenamed K which did used to stand for Katana but i didnt want it to sound like Daikatana so i changed it.

I like what I'm seing. Looking forward. Keep working bud, I'll be playing this.

Kristian Ronge said:
I'm guessing one of the new melee weapons will be a sword of some sort? :-P

Maybe it'll be called scimitar.wad! (I'm still looking for the scythe in Scythe.)

Hahah..!

myk said:
I'm still looking for the scythe in Scythe.

I can relate to that -- I'm still looking for the cane in "Citizen Kane".

progress ...

getting there, hoped to get more done over the weekend but spent far too long on just a handful of custom textures. which came out wrong and need re-coloring in photoshop so that they match the palette better. doh. but i'm not going to hold out on you, i'm going to release SOMETHING by this fridat even if map 19 is just a big empty space with an exit at the other end and a question mark in the middle. ATM the other 19 maps are fully playable (inc the final boss showdown) and only 1 of those needs a serious monster-item-placement-session

in the mean time, some teaser trivia:

3 episodes, which follow the doom 2 intermission screens (maps 1-6, 7-12, 13-20)

boom-port compatible (cross-port boom-format demo compatibility should also be maintained, pending prboom fixes)

speed run tricks in every level (some fully tested, some theoretical, some i hopefully havent realised about)

each level designed and tested from a pistol start whilst retaining "normal" through play

each level links into the next, some maps visbile from others.

a psudeo-hub linking five maps (a start, an exit and 3 arenas to get the 3 keys).

an arena/boss map at the end of each episode.

6 new monsters (mainly variants i'm a shit gfx artist so didnt even try), 1 totally different non-baphesmot end badass

oh, and you get a scimitar :-)

cycloid said:

boom-port compatible (cross-port boom-format demo compatibility should also be maintained, pending prboom fixes)

I'm guessing you mean that the dehacked stuff relies on things that have been fixed in prboom-plus.

maybe, prboom 226 ignores bit flag mnemonics, but it's not too much trouble to change the bex file to use the numbers instead. and then there's the good old monsters_avoid_hazard flag. the "target" port has been mbf (winmbf) but my main testing port has been a version of eternity. could never get prboom 2.02 to work on my machine, just crashes after a few seconds.

edging closer... map19 is playable now, the basic premise is together and a fair bit of achitecture is in ther inc a raised drawbridge which i'm quite proud of. no monbsters yet though.as this is being devved on my pc at home and i'm only on the net at the mo on my pc at work no screenshots are forthcoming. sorry.

still. only two things that i have to do before the alpha is out, friday.