Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
caco_killer

Problem with my old Sony Spressa USB CDR drive on a Windows XP computer.

Recommended Posts

For some reason, this drive seldom works with my Windows XP computer. It's like the computer just refuses to burn cds with it. Is it doing this because the drive's old (I think I've had it since 1999), or is my computer screwed up?

Share this post


Link to post
AndrewB said:

Windows XP supports only DVD burners, not CD burners.


I didn't know that. I guess it's a good thing I didn't open the CD Burner I bought then. That's really retarded that it only supports DVD burners.

Share this post


Link to post
caco_killer said:

I didn't know that. I guess it's a good thing I didn't open the CD Burner I bought then. That's really retarded that it only supports DVD burners.

Man...falling for a troll I can understand. But ANDREWB?

Share this post


Link to post
caco_killer said:

I didn't know that. I guess it's a good thing I didn't open the CD Burner I bought then. That's really retarded that it only supports DVD burners.


rofl, I love you.

Hey, while I got your attention, might I interest you in some land on the moon? Yeah, 500 acres for only $500, you'll get your own Moon Deed as well as a map showing what part of the moon you bought. Your portion of the moon will legally be recognized by over 180 UN nations.

Share this post


Link to post

In all seriousness : caco, next time you decide to post about a hardware issue, there a few things that would be helpful to others in helping you locate the source of your problems.

  • Model # - like say Sony Spressa 469-ATV as opposed to a Sony Spressa 187-LOL, you know?
  • Software used. Are you using Nero, WMP, what?
  • Any details about the hardware itself.
  • List things you have done in an attempt to rectify the problem
  • What, if at all, your keywords were when searching on a search engine (doesn't have much to do with FIXING the problem but more to do with helping you find relevent results)
These things make it easier to diagnose the issue.

Share this post


Link to post

You guys are being idiots. I was looking for a serious answer, and you just fuck around. How is "Windows XP supports only DVD burners, not CD burners" something I wasn't supposed to take seriously? I don't see any trolling or sarcasm in that at all. I'm not going to ask anyone for help on here again then if this is the shit I'm going to get.

Share this post


Link to post

I kind of have to agree with caco_killer. He has a legitimate computer question and you should be kind enough to help the dude out. I mean most of you guys are pretty computer b brainy.

Share this post


Link to post

Uh, are you blind or something? I *did* give two potentially helpful links, but as caco_killer specified almost nothing about his problem, it's very hard to act customer service here.

And as I said, a search in some search engine is likely to give better and more accurate answers quickly. Try some varying search phrases.

Share this post


Link to post
caco_killer said:

How is "Windows XP supports only DVD burners, not CD burners" something I wasn't supposed to take seriously? I don't see any trolling or sarcasm in that at all.


Except that it's just an outright lie.

Share this post


Link to post
caco_killer said:

You guys are being idiots. I was looking for a serious answer, and you just fuck around. How is "Windows XP supports only DVD burners, not CD burners" something I wasn't supposed to take seriously? I don't see any trolling or sarcasm in that at all. I'm not going to ask anyone for help on here again then if this is the shit I'm going to get.


Except even the cheapest POS computers you can buy today come with XP and a CD burner.

Share this post


Link to post
caco_killer said:

How is "Windows XP supports only DVD burners, not CD burners" something I wasn't supposed to take seriously? I don't see any trolling or sarcasm in that at all.

I didn't think it was possible for anyone to believe it.

Also, if you bought your CD burner in 1999, why is it a "good thing" that you haven't yet opened it? Surely you're not planning on taking it back.

Share this post


Link to post
Dr. Zin said:

Except even the cheapest POS computers you can buy today come with XP and a CD burner.

These POS computers sound good. Where can I buy one? Do you mean like these Complete POS Systems?

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×