• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Compet-N: incoming and discussion, part 1 [please post in part 2 instead]

xit-vono said:

requiem level 29 nightmare

Excellent achievement.

It's always great to see an unassisted nm demo for a big level.

If i remember correctly there are some unreachable secrets on this map. Is this demo nm 100% run too?

Going to watch asap.

Great NM runs, Xit Vono.

Eugene said:

If i remember correctly there are some unreachable secrets on this map. Is this demo nm 100% run too?

Yes, you are right. It is impossible to get BFG's sercret without noclip cheat.

A bfg would be helpful on this map.
If i again remember coorectly levels 12 and 21 have untouchable secrets too.

The Requiem deserves more than beta release.

tatsurd-cacocaco said:

Yes, you are right. It is impossible to get BFG's sercret without noclip cheat.

More specifically, you can enter the room the BFG is in, but the room's secret flag gets erased before you can reach it because AdamW accidentally gave it the same tag as the texture-changing bridge.

Thanks for the comments. Btw I forgot about level 29 having maximum 50% secrets so it should be nightmare secrets as well. I did an09 in 1:00 and an12 in 4:22.

an12an09.zip

Eugene said:

A bfg would be helpful on this map.
If i again remember coorectly levels 12 and 21 have untouchable secrets too.

The Requiem deserves more than beta release.

I suddenly recalled, Mement Mori have more maps which are impossible to get 100% secrets than Requiem.

I like MM's mus very much, especially map 9 (also 25) and map 11 (also 21). I decided to play UV-Max of map 11, but I have a question. How should I do to get a UV-Max demo?

We know that there is an inaccessible area on this map. However, it's not impossible to kill some enemies on the area, much luck is necessary though. Theoretically it is possible to kill all enemies excluding two monsters.

In mm11-610, Peo left four monsters and finished the level. He had luck, because a shotgunner miss a shot to his target and hit it to a chaingunner when doing monster-infighting. Therefore, he was able to kill three chaingunners. I think it seldom happen. At least, it didn't happen when I played with God mode. And, a few shotgunners might never show up in front of the player if they goes to the edge of the area.

That's tricky. I guess only the admin could give a definite answer. I'd go for a demo with the shotgun guy dead because it seems viable by your description, but I'd leave the chaingun dude to chance because it seems way too luck-based. You can always mention in the text file that Peo made one more very fortuitous kill in his demo, for clarity's sake.

I suppose that if someone were to provide a method to get the heavy weapon dude to get involved more consistently things would change.

I searched the Compet-n forums but didn't find any conversations or posts about the level in particular.

xit-vono said:

Ok a Christmas present for you people: Memento Mori 2 map 3 nightmare (with 100% secrets)

An unassisted nm demo for mm2 map03 is outstanding achievement.

Merry Christmas for all.

Myk, thank you for answering.

IMO, we should have a complete disregard for all enemies on the area. Certainly it is possible to kill a few enemies enough, but the result changes as often as we play it, so we can't do fair competition.

One or two shotgunners might never show up in front of the player once, because there are two shotgunners in near to the edge of the area from the first. Or, I might be able to kill one or two mancubi by monster-infighting. It happens easier than killing chaingunners, but it also depend on luck. Or, I might miss more shotgunners if I wait for mancubi to start moving.

I really feel necessary to fix the fatal bug.

I was gonna go and upload every last demo posted here since Ryback's recent av25 maxdemo, but as luck would have it, I can't connect to the Compet-n ftp either. WTF?

In any case, tatsurd, I liked your MM25 demos. I can tell you're struggling with the map's rather... eccentric design, and that's okay. They're definitely significant improvements over the previous demos, that's for sure! :)

In mm25-511.txt, tatsurd-cacocaco said:

This map is pretty easy. This is because there are a lot of spheres, and you can kill The Spider Mastermind safely for some reason or other.

The level makes extensive use of sectors which reference themselves to create a "deep water" effect. The side effects of this are that enemies cannot see you while you're standing in a deep water sector, and enemies that reside in deep water sectors cannot see you unless you're in the same sectors as them. The former allows you to kill every monster around you without fear of retaliation, and the latter is the reason you can kill the Spider Mastermind so easily.

Like I said, this map is eccentric.

The Green Herring said:
The level makes extensive use of sectors which reference themselves to create a "deep water" effect. The side effects of this are that enemies cannot see you while you're standing in a deep water sector, and enemies that reside in deep water sectors cannot see you unless you're in the same sectors as them.

I think "deep water" effect not blinds monsters itself. Very likely map author was used special REJECT effects there.

The link to rq21fix.zip on the pwad section of the compet-n website, seems dead. Is there another link ?

Many thanks! Indeed it was a link to the ftp, but I've tryed a few days ago and the link was ok though it drove me to a blank folder of the ftp... which is a very strange occurence.

The Green Herring and Hitherto, thanks!

The Green Herring said:

In any case, tatsurd, I liked your MM25 demos. I can tell you're struggling with the map's rather... eccentric design, and that's okay. They're definitely significant improvements over the previous demos, that's for sure! :)

Yes, this map is eccentric. I also consider pl11, ks21, ks30, sc28, 1m24, and so on... to be eccentric design maps. I might like such maps.

Here, I did a map 11 demo in my opinion. Of course, I don't know if it is really correct. I don't mind it even if this demo would be invalid on Compet-N. However, this is one opinion to UV-Max and Speedrunning.

Please upload them.

Memento Mori Map 11 UV-Max in 3:09
Memento Mori Map 11 UV-fast in 4:20

mm_tatsurd2.zip

tatsurd-cacocaco said:

Memento Mori Map 11 UV-Max in 3:09
Memento Mori Map 11 UV-fast in 4:20

I like them. I also did an earlier UV -respawn on that level which you can download here without the IP range ban getting in the way. For that matter, have you ever played DM2GM2.WAD, the level that MAP11 was based on? You can get it here along with all the demos I've recorded on it (although demos for it should be posted in the misc. demos thread. ;) )

The Green Herring said:

I like them. I also did an earlier UV -respawn on that level which you can download here without the IP range ban getting in the way. For that matter, have you ever played DM2GM2.WAD, the level that MAP11 was based on? You can get it here along with all the demos I've recorded on it (although demos for it should be posted in the misc. demos thread. ;) )

I read mm11r242.txt, mm11p036.txt, and mm11's page on Doom wiki, so I know mm11 is the level of DM2GM2.wad arranged, but I hadn't play it yet. However, I played this wad and watched your demos just now. Nice run, and it is really Gotcha-style.