Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Compet-N: incoming and discussion, part 1 [please post in part 2 instead]

Never_Again, I watched the demo. Awesome. Thank you for doing that.

I have a question. Were you trying to kill all lost souls? It seemed like it and the text file makes it sound like you had it as a goal. If so, why?

Never_Again said:

In the TNT Max Movie everything dies except

Did you find them with new glboom-plus ability? Now it's easy to see where they are.

Never_Again said:

Indeed, prBoom+ is an indispensable tool, and the many practice sessions I spent in it really helped to learn the maps inside out

I mean "Numpad /" in 2.5.0.2.

never_again, i've been watching your run during lunches for the whole past week and it's been a most enjoyable soap opera :) the plot really thickened near the season finale as you got progressively more cautious yet sloppy from exhaustion. the map27 scare was epic.

wow amazing :D
I didn't think anybody would have the balls to do this :D

great job man ...

A desync problem that (far as I can tell) hasn't been mentioned yet anywhere:

ET314593.lmp (Tyson demo, TNT Map 31, done by Xit Vono) desyncs real early when using latest version of glboom-plus.exe with complevel 4 (command line: C:\Games\PRBoomPlus\glboom-plus.exe -file TNT.wad -playdemo 1.lmp -complevel 4) to view it, but doesn't desync when viewed with Doom95.exe (with appropriate WAD files and demo load chosen from the GUI)... Any ideas on this?

Usually when this happens it's because I've been a dumbass and got the complevel wrong, but in this case (far as I can tell) it's right. The desync occurs fairly obviously when two of the pistol bullets hit the wall instead of their intended Shotgunner target.

I want to watch it through glboom instead of Doom95 because the graphics are **so much smoother** when GL rendered.

I just had a thought, should I also be loading TNT31.wad (the yellow key patch) as part of the command line, and would this affect demo playback?

your problem is running tnt as pwad, try "-iwad tnt.wad" instead of -file. the patch as additional pwad, probably.

this is the exact opposite of skogsto's pl27-236 which is recorded with plutonia as pwad and using it as iwad will desync the demo, because he doesn't kill the spider.

dew said:

your problem is running tnt as pwad, try "-iwad tnt.wad" instead of -file. the patch as additional pwad, probably.

There is no difference between pwad and iwad if complevel 4 is used

Gingercat said:

I just had a thought, should I also be loading TNT31.wad (the yellow key patch) as part of the command line, and would this affect demo playback?

Is it really so hard to check?

Recorded using The Final Doom Version 1.9 and tnt31.wad!

I am currently doing 4 undone Memento Mori 2 Tysons.
It would be a great success to finish at least 3 out of 4...
Here's the first one!

MAP07 (Frustration by David Kuykendall), Tyson in 23:07.

Any comments are welcome, especially made by veteran players, since
this is my first-ever demo in this thread.

Is my demo legitimate? What was good/bad in the demo?

Heh, I see that it was still a case of me being a dumbass :) I didn't know that the TNT31 file contained other fixes besides the yellow key, that info was interesting.

Thanks for the help!

Absolutely *love* Tyson runs, they're my all-time faves... Although I definitely appreciate watching any sort of demo; you folks are amazing!!

Edit: Just finished watching the demo and enjoyed every minute.

Thanks for downloading the previous one, Gingercat: thanks for the comment!

Back ot Memento Mori 2 Tysons

MAP12 (The Waterway by Orin Flaharty), Tyson in 34:01.

Very unusual...

m2123401.zip

>> I *still* have not forgotten about this puny little website yet :D
Our hopes!

btw, Vincent, h2s2-038 is mine )
In time of recording this stuff I wants complete h2m2 records collection. )

Plutonia map25 UV-Speed in 0:33
Plutonia map32 UV-Speed in 0:52
Memento Mori 2 map05 UV-Speed in 0:55
Doom2 map05 UV-Pacifist in 0:25

Btw Vincent about Heretic-N, I have the e1m4 record not the e4m1
And I think that all the demos that were beaten in this update weren't moved to Bested Folder ?

kimo_c-n.zip

Ahh, nothin' quite like the satisfyingly-splattery WHACK of a Tyson run.

And I'll say this: Single-digit health excites me.

Now to watch Kimo's!

*Jeez*. I've never seen Plutonia map 32 done that fast before. That was awesome!!

Lovin' all four demo sets, kimo.

Demos are my new TV shows :)

Never_Again said:

Another two TNT -fast entries that for 12 years no one would touch for some reason have been updated:

Dead Zone (MAP15) 5:54
Mount Pain (MAP27) 19:14

Good runs! I know that a dozen demos in final doom UV-fast table haven't been improved after final doom GM demo pack was released. Of course, I'm interested in them.

Btw, I beat pl24 GM and did over 3 min improvement one year ago. However, the demo is ugly yet. I need to do retry it.

Finaly got a complete run, its not a huge improvement over Viles 30nm2956 though, but quite "diffrent".

Hope you enjoy it in any case! :)