Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Compet-N: incoming and discussion, part 1 [please post in part 2 instead]

xepop said:
If you don't mind (some probably will do) I post it here and not in the original thread.

If you wish to place them here, go ahead. Their validity is debatable. Other's can't tell you such demos aren't valid any more than you can tell them they are. This whole thread is unofficial, anyway. For the same reason, a demo beating the E2M6 time without going through the void would also be at home on this thread. I think Adam would have accepted them as a miscellaneous demos, in any case, were his choice to make them invalid for proper runs.

Henning, you're not going to kill me if I say this, OK? You missed one monster - a spectre.

vdgg said:

Henning, you're not going to kill me if I say this, OK? You missed one monster - a spectre.

Lol I forgot checking that, its been such a long time since I did maxes that ...well, thanks for the headsup =) that was embaressing.

Glad I checked this thread since I rarely do, nice hr13 run. My occasional ghost problem was with spectres in the yellow key enclosure, never had a ghost reverent. Had an occasional all ghosts run too (tried to use it for a speed run, but you can't exit as a ghost here).
I agree all the luck stuff, like bouncing the door off the baron's head which belial first figured out, makes the level yucky. I've had runs where I try to immitate (peo's?) 8:40ish tas route and am on the tally screen waiting for a similar low 9 minute time but then 12:20 or something pops up on the screen and I'm like.. what the hell..
I think your main speed advantage (besides being a mouser :P) was having 10 rockets when taking the warp back to the start. Since we both got to that warp at about the same time I wonder whether its worth it speed-wise to cause some infighting at the starting chaingunner warp area or just do the safer pacifist beginning like me.

skogsto09 said:

Lol I forgot checking that, its been such a long time since I did maxes that ...well, thanks for the headsup =) that was embaressing.

If you would have taken one extra second to blast it at 5:13, everything would have been fine, hehe. You had the SSG out and everything...

Revved said:

Ok, so I finally did it..

Requiem
UV Max
Episode 3 in 92:26

Max movies are my absolute favorite demos of all. This will be a treat. :)

Yeah, great demo... and pretty funny watching Indigo (xepop) perched up there, from Looper's perspective. The forces of hell betray themselves and a mighty behemoth is slain with a pea shooter.

Doom2
Coop UV speed
Episode 1 in 4:55

xepop & Looper

Thanks. Coop tyson was actually quite fun to do. This wasn't really because of the "mistake -> Q" policy needed.

0455cs01.zip

Paska said:

Plutonia
Pacifist UV speed
Map 21 in 0:05

4 seconds is possible.

At last someone beat that crappy 6 seconder I had! Congrats. :P
I remember having a lot of difficulties with the run but back then I also came to the conclusion that 4 seconds is probably non-TAS optimal.

MM2, MAP28 (Corporate Hell by Stephen Watson), -fast in 29:51
MM2, MAP29 (Kings of Metal by Jens Nielsen) -fast in 18:23

Thanks to Revved's recent demos there's just one undone -fast (MAP21). Well, I'm NOT going to try it :)

m228m229.zip

vdgg said:

there's just one undone -fast (MAP21). Well, I'm NOT going to try it :)

Heh, I should get a -fast demo for this map. It's kind of duty for me since I submit a banch of demos for max cathegoty. I guess I still have enough skill for a tablefilling run after almost a half of year without dooming.

Btw Vdgg, A -fast for m228 is a great run. A time is kind of meaningless here. I know what I say since I play some coop with -fast through 3rd episode years ago.

Memento Mori 2
UV Fast
Map 21 in 22:22

All normal maps of Memento Mori 2 were done on -fast.
But if anybody wants to try Secret Map 2, go right ahead. :)
So....what now? Alien Vendetta -fasts? Or maybe movies?

m2212222.zip

Revved said:
So....what now?

If you record AV 1st episode Max movie, it will be great (keep in mind Anthony's movie for AV 1st release - would be good to record something faster). I'm not very familiar with AV maps, but I had it on my "let's do it one day in a remote future" list. Do what you like :)

/ going to watch m2212222...

Alien Vendetta Map 20 UV-Max in 18:40

My WIP here. I spent a week for this, I didn't have enough free time though. The spent time is probably about 15 hours, but this demo is still terrible in many points.
I'll keep it up!

av201840.zip

tatsurd-cacocaco said:

Alien Vendetta Map 20 UV-Max in 18:40

My WIP here. I spent a week for this, I didn't have enough free time though. The spent time is probably about 15 hours, but this demo is still terrible in many points.
I'll keep it up!

Still, I eagerly waited for your AV20 de-monstr-ation, and this new run will surely be interesting for me to watch. Thanks, and good luck in bringing the time down further, if you wish!

EDIT: You can gain a fair amount of time if you change the strategy on the spiral mountain. Using plasma rifle is not that effective, its damage amount per one cell is much smaller than the one of the BFG. Some of the monster groups on the mountain can easily be destroyed with one BFG shot per each group, while cleaning it with plasma rifle takes way over 40 cells. Others can be handled with SSG/CG/RL. So you can save a lot of cells in order to quickly blast some barons on the top :-)