Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Compet-N: incoming and discussion, part 1 [please post in part 2 instead]

Grazza said:

I meant impossible without using TAS.
EDIT: It seems I have to be really specific. By this, it means impossible by Doom physics, because one cannot somehow have Arch-viles propel them to the Icon's face without extreme luck. This also means stuff like hn07 due to all the arachnotrons respawning with only an SSG for usage.

Not exactly MM2, but definitely this season's favorite category:

MM
UV Fast
MAP05 - 4:42

Btw - 10 sec faster than current regular max record

mm05f442.zip

vdgg said:

Same map as two post above, max in 9:30

Good time for this map.

Yeah, thanks. And quite unexpected, really! I watched it quite a few times and the amount of luck (infighting) was incredible. BTW, I didn't mention in the TXT as I discovered it after writing it, one arachnotron keeps shooting another for > 2 minutes which is funny (chase camera needed).
Breaking the 10:00 is a always a "big deal" for me. Xit did it with MAP06, you did it with MAP18 and MAP26 (and don't say MAP18 is easy, for me it is not). When doing m214 I had some hopes to break 10:00 but I gave up soon, I didn't expect how annoying that map could become. Now I have it :) Anyway, MAP14, 25, maybe even 27 and 29 can theoretically be done under 10 minutes.
...But not by me. My "to do" list includes m210, m222, pl26 and <it's my secret>. Can't spend too much time on these maxes, because I must try that MM2 UV Run. I think either I finish it this year or never.

I have watched today all maxes on TNT m17 and found what only 3 from 8 are valid: both fast records - ef17-336 by Method, ef17-525 by Ryback and only one max - ev17-338 by Ryback.

Rest of with monsters left:

ev17-309 Radek      1   imp in starting outdoor area
ev17-320 Gemini     3   imp on ssg ledge, chain and imp in passage to ssg
ev17-333 Radek      1   pain elemental in blue armor hall
ev17-340 Demonlord  1   chain in passage to ssg
ev17-445 Peo        1   imp in passage to ssg 
As we can see from here, most popular place for lost monsters is ssg's secret passage. So, future maxers - take care about it!

Btw, ec17-213 by Gusta & Method is pleasant thing! Sadly, good coop maxes like this are so rare...

vdgg said:

Anyway, MAP14, 25, maybe even 27 and 29 can theoretically be done under 10 minutes.

A max for map 27 should be under 10 minutes. My max for this map has been done without sound. I played carefully after I had two or so exits with a missed monster. If I remember correctly, my max for m227 is a first exit demo.

vdgg said:

My "to do" list includes m210, m222, pl26 and <it's my secret>. Can't spend too much time on these maxes...

I guess a max for m222 needs at least some time to beat Anthony. It's too easy to leave a monster or two alive. I tried it in 2007. If I remember correctly, I had one exit under Anthony's time with one or even several missed monsters and several exits with time 13:xx again with some alive monsters. May be I should tried harder though.

vdgg said:

...because I must try that MM2 UV Run. I think either I finish it this year or never.

Good luck in your struggle through.

vdgg said:

...because I must try that MM2 UV Run. I think either I finish it this year or never.

Good luck on your future endeavor!

Oh and also,

Memento Mori 2
UV Pacifist
Secret Map 1 in 0:51

m2s1p051.zip

Well, congratulations, and you're right! I think not picking up that shellbox too early was the main "trick" here. This map reminds me the discussion of "using kills/items secrets HUD" (and people claiming it does not give them advantage). With kills stats HUD you'd have a 10-15 second handicap on this map.

A new max for MAP10 and I hope you AV/HR/Doom II lovers won't kill us for MM2 spamming ;)

Tatsurd, will you be back in this thread?

m210-624.zip

vdgg said:

With kills stats HUD you'd have a 10-15 second handicap on this map.

I guess kills counter provides more risky route and saves at least 30 seconds here. But with present route at least 10-15 seconds could be saved.

Btw. Another demo for this season's favorite pwad and category.
A -fast for m211.

m211f700.zip

Your spam is excellent, guys, pretty excellent :)

About m211: Eugene, are you tried to track and analyse lost monsters behaviour on your invalid exits via double-IDDT watching? Sometimes it helps to develop more optimal strategy for such troubled places.

vdgg said:

Tatsurd, will you be back in this thread?

Well..... I can't finish cc29 yet, I am reluctant to play this map any more though. When I do max of cc29, cc's UV-Max table will be full. I also think that I make a TAS demo of cc29 and give up this work. Although I thought the same thing when I played cc25 and cc27, I managed to do them.

Hitherto said:

About m211: Eugene, are you tried to track and analyse lost monsters behaviour on your invalid exits via double-IDDT watching? Sometimes it helps to develop more optimal strategy for such troubled places.

I got the demo pretty easy so I didn't try anything except plain IDDT and Eternity’s free camera for my demo with live imp. I lost a spectre in RK area and I saw him in demo replay.

Btw, another max for mm2.

m2211215.zip

What's the current status of hr15 speed/pacifist records?

I have:

UV Speed (normal exit): cack_handed 0:20
UV Speed (secret exit): Jakub Machata 0:45
Pacifist (normal exit): cack_handed 0:20
Pacifist (secret exit): Altima Mantoid 1:17

I have a problem with the last one. @ DSDA it is "UV Speed". It does feature a telefrag. So either the pacifist secret exit spot is empty or it is taken by Altima. Or I missed something... Opinions?

Looks as though Casey submitted it as a UV speedrun, asked whether it qualified as pacifist, and Adam accepted it as both a UV speedrun and a pacifist run. The rules for pacifist demos on Compet-N do say

Allowed is making monsters fight each other and unintentional telefrags.

IMO Casey's demo qualifies, he had no expectation that the chaingunner wouldn't be there, didn't follow it into a teleporter, etc.

Revved, your -respawn demo for Plutonia, MAP18. The time is 2:24. The zipfile name is pr18-223. In the TXT you write "pr18-233" ;) This is the time Andy put in the archives. I *strongly* suggest you changed your txt, zipped it all once again and either send it to Andy or upload here once again.

vdgg said:

Revved, your -respawn demo for Plutonia, MAP18. The time is 2:24. The zipfile name is pr18-223. In the TXT you write "pr18-233" ;) This is the time Andy put in the archives. I *strongly* suggest you changed your txt, zipped it all once again and either send it to Andy or upload here once again.

Updated zip is right here.

pr18-224.zip

You may check a new feature in the results table. It's a list of ALL records in one .xls file. Not 100% ready (some co-ops and movies are missing for UD, Doom2, TNT and AV), but single player records should have been listed without exceptions. Feedback will be appreciated. Especially, could Ryback check the "level anomalies" section of HR? Enjoy!

You may check a new feature in the results table. It's a list of ALL records in one .xls file. Not 100% ready (some co-ops and movies are missing for UD, Doom2, TNT and AV), but single player records should have been listed without exceptions. Feedback will be appreciated. Especially, could Ryback check the "level anomalies" section of HR? Enjoy!

I very much appreciate your work, thank you.

vdgg said:

Great job vdgg! Small note for Doom2 "non-doom2.exe records":
dew´s map10 in 0:27 is actually UV Pacifist record
you forgot Graim´s NM Speed record on map27 in 0:17 - http://czech-n.idoom.cz/request.php?600
(nobody should miss watching this excellent run :-)