Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Compet-N: incoming and discussion, part 1 [please post in part 2 instead]

I liked the "trickaholic" approach to the yellow key. (And the rest of the demo, of course.)

Paska said:

Doom2
UV Max
Map 12 in 3:50

Same as Grazza, gotta love the yellow key grab :)

Next on your hitlist should be MAP28, pushing that map to 2:XX shouldn't be that hard.

Doom2
UV Max
Map 28 in 2:57

I don't think this is a good time. It's record yes, but the amount of work and the end result is pretty lousy.

lv28-257.zip

didierbertrand said:

@paska:mistake in your txt map number is 28 not 12

Yeah, always mistakes.. No matter how many times I check it before sending, always more than one mistake. Obviously I copied .txt file from my LV12 max run.

Andy, please do me a favor and don't upload that max :S First I thought that this demo will do, but now I feel shame of it. It's just piece of crap. I mean 2 hour of work including watching few times 3:04 and Esko's TAS :/ I shouldn't upload that. I go make a better one soon.

1ntru said:

Do MAP09 next!! (:

Bleh, these max runs gets on my nerves. They take my time and the end result is never really satisfying. For a moment it looks good, but after a while all what I can see are mistakes and think 'I should not had uploaded it'. It's really annoying.

First my aim was to get under 2:40 on map28, but I suddenly got 2:32 and I was like "YIPPEE! That's a lucky one and good enough for me". After uploading I watch it and I see mistakes that takes easily more than 3 seconds which would have been under (magical) 2:30 and it pisses me off. Same thing with map12 (and kashimir). They just look too easy to beat and they are. (Although leaving times that ugly probably inspires other people to cut it, hmm?)

I do like map09 (one of my favourites), but I will skip it. Again my motivation on doom has diminished. (Probably because I got my map03 nomo, doom2 full nomo and LV24 finaly done + it's getting dark outside which means seasonal affective disorder (yeah that one was from wikipedia :D but I don't see much light inside this concrete cube except my white IRC on 27" monitor.)

Now I go get 4 hours of sleep and then 8 hours school %D

Paska said:

Doom2
UV Max
Map24 in 4:17

Nice modern-class optimization! Maybe MAP29 next? Drew's 4:05 is one of the most solid Compet-N Max records, but 3:5X (or lower) is still very possible, as some elements of Vile's strategy (relocations and weapon selections) aren't perfectly calculated.

haha, eating so much chaingunner fire... the bfg shot that took out ALL the demons in the room was disgustingly good. :)

Eugene said:

Two demos for m232 by me.

Cool! Fresh demos from 'old potato' :)
I always liked your and Sergey's co-op demos.