Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shtbag667

Big map ran into limit problems

Well my worst fear has come true. Doombuilder will no longer build my map. I had to delete some stuff in order to be able to save. Heres it's stats:

vertices: 14382
linedefs: 17531
sidedefs: 27206
sectors: 3146
things: 4935

Is there a way to go over the limits? I doubt it so I'll probably split the map in half and make it two levels. The only problem with that is continuity. On the other hand splitting it will give it a performance boost due to all the entities in the map so far. Does anyone know of a tutorial for connecting two levels seamlessly (like half-life)? I'm open to suggestions since I can't work on this anymore till I decide what to do. It looks like splitting the level is the only option but maybe I'm wrong.

Heres the map so far:

I have a few maps which have more sides/vertices/things than that and they work fine. Maybe it's a problem with your node builder.

Yes, your right. I checked DV.wad and it had more of everything in comparison to my map. I will change nodebuilders and see what happens. Thanks.

I had a similar problem with WadAuthor with my "Outpost of Hell 2 - The Fortress", planned as a single level then split into two maps, and "Outpost of Hell 3 - The Citadel", never completed! They both exceeded the 30,000 sidedef limit of WadAuthor, but I know that Doom Builder can handle bigger maps: I used it to complete another map, never published, that exceeded 30,000 sidefs!
What version of Doom Builder are you using? Maybe you should use a newer version of it...!

I'm using 1.67, I haven't attempted to try a different node builder yet since I've been busy with school but over the next few days I should find the problem.

I use Zennode too! :) After editing my map with WadAuthor I build its nodes with Zennode, since it is very efficient! :)