Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Louigi Verona

Open It!

Well from what I saw it looked well-constructed and so forth.

But, I teleport, pick up a super shotgun, then manage to kill about two of the surrounding six sergeants before the other four or five remove all of my health. After half a dozen tries I gave up and deleted it. I don't know if I missed something at the start but I found it too frustrating.

It might be better if you remove some sergeants or change the ssg into a plasma gun or something, I don't know.

EDIT Okay given Belial and myk's posts I tried it again and after three more attempts I got lucky. The rest of the level was far more manageable in terms of difficulty. Sorry about that :)

Nah, the starting area is fine.

My problem with that map is that you have to go through the same areas over and over again. That switch-hunt should be accompanied by some interesting fights. Right now the monsters are too weak and too low in numbers. You should use monster teleporters as a way of repopulating the map.

Belial might be giving some good advice there, as I played through and I'm not sure I died... if so once only by some ambush, but it was earlier when you released it so I don't recall... perhaps I was just low on health, but it didn't seem very hard... less so if one replays it.

I generally agree with Belial - the gameplay is repetitive and lacking in variety and challenge. I enjoyed this one a fair bit less than your other map, which also featured more varied design.

I'm not convinced that things would be improved by tougher fights/repopulation of the central area, unless it is transformed in other ways too (more areas opening up, texture changes, sector heights varying, etc.). This would help maintain the player's interest.

Of course you are right. Obviously a 'hub' room that is just a rather small square limits the amount of possible gameplay improvements. What I suggested was just the, IMO, easiest solution to the problem, because I didn't know what Louigi would say if someone suggested a serious makeover of a large section of the map, especially since it's been finished a long time ago.

Hey, guys!
Thx for the feedback!
Well, the idea was this switch play, you hit a switch and more rooms with monsters get opened.
I see that you complain that the map is easy... Maybe you are right. But basically this is a small map with no big ambition :)