Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

what version?

i am trying to find a sharware version of doom1 but not just any version, an older one. I am trying to get it for a friend of mine down the street. It was a version i once had but the disk is long lost in the abyss of his room. anyway here are the hints about this version. first it was a very early shareware disk, the doom logo was on a cd yet was just the letters spelling doom( and it was cheese looking). I would have to say it was before version 1.666, prehaps even the first public release of the shareware. Now about the game version. This was a version that had the original swastika(nazi symbol) in E1M4, it is near the exit if u dont know where i am talking about. That was changed later. Also you cant get %200 health, stops at 199, for some strange reason. Also another interesting bug was the fact that armor kept riseing, even above 200, but you had to get the 1 point armor to go above 200. Also on E1M3 the secret to get the soul shpere is different, instead of the "trip line" being in the middel of the steps it was at its base(door) and was harder to do. there where other small stuff as well but it was too long ago, the music was a bit poorer too but thats it.

The only Doom Sharewares I have are the 1.25 and the 1.9
I don't know how many versions they did...

Heh, I remember playing the 1.0 shareware once... some company called DaVinci Software Library managed to get some kind of distro license for it, theirs is the one I installed. I'm sure the game was the same, just for some reason it was released under them and I think the docs might have been a little different.

it may have been from that company, i have no idea who distributed it. All i know is it came in a pack of full games with this message. "we know its shareware but its so hot we could not leave it out of our 10pack!" ten other games came with it in a pack. they got it in mid 1993 after they got the new ass kicking 486, now i can make a 486 system for under 50