Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
redmage125

question about xbox versions

is the xbox version of doom 3 and doom 3:roe any different than the pc version?(I mean like the levels and stuff)

I played the xbox version I think it contains less movies (like the two marines geting ghosted by a imp). But its much more fun on xbox. Shoot ems on pc is overated.

There's a bunch of little things that make the XBOX version of Doom3 different from the PC. One of the bigger ones is that the levels in the XBOX version have been changed to smaller, less RAM-consuming versions of their former selves. ROE, though, isn't changed a whole lot, and I think the graphics are noticably more clear as well.

And as for that whole comment about PC shooters being overrated: I agree. FPS's in fact should be banned from PC gaming. That platform is in no way made for the genre.

Coopersville said:FPS's in fact should be banned from PC gaming. That platform is in no way made for the genre.

You are sooooooooooo right! I'm surprised they even did a PC version of Doom, so much wasted effort when they could've just made it for XBOX in the first place. Would've saved them time and money, because I don't anyone who bought the PC version - if they did they quickly sold it after getting the much better XBOX version... better yet get the XBOX360 because it looks alot better (like 10x better), beats the CRAP out of PC, hands down. I don't even know how those PC bums get around using a keyboard and mouse, seems to clumsy and inaccurate... and slow... geez, the other day at my friends house I was playing doom 3 on his PC and it took me 5 minutes to turn 180 degrees, wheras on XBOX it takes 1 second, I just don't understand PC at all, always fogetting what key does what, because there are GOSH SO MANY OF THEM! And in the dark you can't see what they are, so you have to turn on your flashlight and look, only to be gobbled up by a monster, it's just no fun. XBOX the buttons are layed out perfectly, and there's no prblem finding them. Oh, but one time I dropped the controller I was so scared, then I picked it back up, but actually picked up something else, and for a while didn't know what was going on and I was "AHHHH" and I died, then I turned on the lights to my bedroom and saw the big mess I made on the floor, my mom walked in and screamed because I had my pants down, OH MY GOSH I was so embarrased, somehow my pants fell down and there was stuff all over the floor, I though maybe I pissed myself, but it was different, I'm still in shock, I went to the docotr and he told me it was normal for a person my age but my mom said no and sent me to consoling where I am right now. I guess I deserve that, but really it's so not fun because this computer has doom 3 on it but I don't want to play with it, I want my xbox, I miss it, my mom took it away from me and grounded me for two months, TWO WHOLE MONTHS, and now I wake up every once in a while and find the same kind of "wetness" in my pants, it seems to be from the doom 3 experience I just told you about. All I know is if I hadn't been playing XBOX version I wouldn't have dropped the controller and found myself in this mess (literally) It rocks! I'm so manly

baronofhell said:

Ha ha, Coopersville, please let the man know you are joking. Please.

Your sarcasm detector needs a tune-up.

I plan on getting the 360 later this year when Halo 3 is released. Originally I was going get it when Castle Wolfenstein comes out, but since that is now being released for the PC as well, I'll wait for Halo 3. Not sure which one will be out first though. Doesn't matter, the 360 is completely sold out everywhere near where I reside.

man when i read that i dident know he was joking. I was like: Oh my god this kid is truely a fuckup. u cant notice sarcams as easly in text as IRL