Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pixel Boy

Graphics editing

I'm new to Level editing/designing. I have Doom Builder and was wondering how to create my own textures.

I have a few cool ideas but can't do it until I know how.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

If you download the eXtendable Wad Editor, you are able to drag out every sprite-, texture-, flat-, sound-, music-, map-, and other related files..
It takes a little time to get into the program, but its very handy when it comes to this kind of stuff, using it myself, only problem is that every monster have somewhere between 50-72 pictures you have to redraw.. That sucks, but, if you like paint or some other pic-editor, this is what you need... :p

I think you can download it from the ID-archive @ Doomworld, under the editor section.

Thanks for the help, man.

I don't really mind about having to redraw all the sprites, I'm just glad I'll be able to replace them.

Thanks again

If youare new. I suggest using WIntex. Yes, it's old and outdated, but its a lot easier to use then XWE in my opinion.However, you will need XWE for the more advanced stuff like making talltextures that taller than 128 in height. It's a simply changing the numbers there.

Ezxariarch said:

WIntex. ...but its a lot easier to use then XWE in my opinion.

Each to their own I guess. Of all the Doom editing tools I have used over the years, and I've used most of them, Wintex has to be (IMO of course) the clumsiest, most illogical, most unstable, most irrational, non-standardised, impenetrable, clunky piece of junk I have worked with.

The sooner you get rid of WinTEX the better really. No point in making yourself used to work on an obsolete peice of software.

XWE is many times more flexible, faster and powerful than WinTEX ever will be.

And we shouldn't even TALK about NWT.

True, if you're new, try the latest beta of XWE.

People saying otherwise are for the most part simply used to the older stuff.