Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
XDelusion

Aligning Textures

Is there an easy way to align textures in DeepSea or some other editor? I wasted so much time dropping into the info window on the texture, and moving the picure around, then I have to load up Legacy, see that the texture is waaaayyyy off, then go back to Deep and try and try again until I get it right, is there something I am missing here? I'd really like to release my TC soon, but this part right here is slowing production way down. :/

Is there an easy way to align textures in DeepSea or some other editor?

Hehe, DeepSea is damn easy, just pick all the walls you want offsetted, hover the selection over the one you want the offsets to start from, hit Alt - I - C (which will access the menus, load the Misc drop-down, and go into the Offset Selections) and then pick a number, usually #1, to offset your walls in whatever way you want.

Hehe, DeepSea is damn easy, just pick all the walls you want offsetted, hover the selection over the one you want the offsets to start from, hit Alt - I - C (which will access the menus, load the Misc drop-down, and go into the Offset Selections) and then pick a number, usually #1, to offset your walls in whatever way you want.

I thought it aligned the textures if you just select them and press "x" or "y" for x and y offsets. I'm not 100% sure and I don't feel like installing deepsea demo right now to check out.

Yup, just hitting X (for X aligning) and Y (for Y aligning) will do it for simple aligning of the front sidedef textures.

If you want to do something a bit fancy, like set an initial offset, tell DeePsea to not check if the textures are the same on all lines, align side 2 etc, hit alt I (misc menu) and B (for y) or alt I C (for X) and then pick your choice like Lüt said.