Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Best fightscene ever!

Too much yelling and the close-ups punches across the face near the the beginning along with the shirt tearing off were a littly cheesy. but it beats the hell out of wire-fighting and was pretty brutal and nasty. You should check out Sony Chiba's Street Fighter series (except for Sister Street Fighter which isn't connected with the same characters and sucks) which have nothing to do with the video games. Master of the Flying Guillotine is freaking badass but a little cheesy at times although way ahead of its time with some things. I think Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and Samurai Shodown/Spirits were all influenced by it. Also, Samurai Reincarnation is like Samurai Shodown the movie.

Nothing beats the fight scenes in Tony Jaa's movies like Ung-Bak and Tom Yum Goong though.

The first fight was cheesy in the extreme. The bit where the (I assume) bad guy was advancing on the woman was about as wooden as you can get. However, I've got to admit the ending makes up for everything. Absolute classic.

The second one is a good choreographed fight but pretty standard martial arts fare. I mean, what were all the other bad guys doing when the main character was taking on one of their buddies? Presumably just waiting patiently in line to have their limbs snapped.

Was not the best fight scene ever but it was still pretty cool. If you wanna see a resourceful fight scene then watch some Jackie Chan films.

Jonathan said:

that was pretty homoerotic until the chick turned up

I think that chick was born a man

IMDB said:

Kristi Jones (Cynthia Rothrock) avenges her sister's death at the hands of a crazed martial arts rapist.

O_O

That makes Doom's plot seem like Shakespeare.

What the hell is a martial arts rapist? Is it someone who rapes people with roundhouse kicks, or do they rape the fine name of martial arts?

The first was pretty homoerotic - and I never thought I'd hear a line worse than Ahnuld screaming "Screw You!" in Total Recall.

The second was, as someone else said, pretty generic. I mean, you might as well watch a Jet Li flick. At least he makes an effort act.

I still think the best fight scene is at the end of Blade 1, wires or no.

First one was pretty bad. But that part at the end made me cringe. I know it's only a movie, but "OUCH!"

baronofhell said:

One of my fav fight scenes is in the first Matrix movie, where Neo is fighting Mr. Anderson in the subway station.

that would have been a better movie