Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frederick the Great

Video Game Nasties

Know of any banned video games? I've seen a documentry once about many banned video games, and the censorship that they involve. Wolfenstein in Germany for example having no swastikas, (the original wolfenstein was banned I do believe).

there's no R rating here, but it's yet to rob us of any worth while games (what gets rated R in the US gets a MA15+ here). I think the last game we missed was postal 2. Giant WHO CARES.

There's a pretty big cry for a boycott of 25 To Life here in the US, but I don't care because it sucks.

Frederick the Great said:
(the original wolfenstein was banned I do believe)

Correct, and every id Software game before Doom 3 was also banned.

rofl greece banned everything 'video game' a couple years ago. That may have been repealed, though i'm not sure

Quast said:

rofl greece banned everything 'video game' a couple years ago. That may have been repealed, though i'm not sure

If you banned Video Games, the effects on the economy would be terrible in todays modern society.

They must have repealed it.

If you banned Video Games, the effects on the economy would be terrible in todays modern society.

They must have repealed it.

I hope you're kidding. Banning video-games would have little impact on an industrialized nation.

BBG said:

I hope you're kidding. Banning video-games would have little impact on an industrialized nation.

Hardly; comptuer games are an important part of the technological tree of life. Take them away and you hinder yourself.

That's the rule of civilziation.

DeumReaper said:

Correct, and every id Software game before Doom 3 was also banned.

They're Blacklisted, not banned. They can still be ordered and played.

gargoylol said:

What about warezed?

Hardly; comptuer games are an important part of the technological tree of life. Take them away and you hinder yourself.

That's the rule of civilziation.

I think this is the second thread I've read about you thus far in which case you've demonstrated your idiocy.

We don't have any habit of censoring stuff in Sweden. Although ZTV have done some music video censoring, not sure why. I guess they wanted to be more like MTV or something. But they kinda dropped that and started to show programs instead of crap.

Anywya, we don't really have any rating for games either. Just parental advisory. It's not illegal to sell violent games to minors here.

gargoylol said:

Except for the international version of Doom2 (which is illegal due to the Wolfenstein levels.) But in today's globalized world that means nothing. I'd just order such games in Great Britain. It has the added advantage of not having to bother with shitty localizations which have destroyed more games than any amount of censorship. The last time I played a German version of a game was Far Cry and it was pure torture due to the atrocious voice acting.

The list was made by someone who doesn't understand what 'banned' means and has to be considered worthless.

Don't think anything was banned up here in Canada. Bunch of Women rights campaign complain often about violence. Up here in Canada we have Women Liberates that does all protesting. Right now they are trying to close catholic schools because they think its discrimination towards public schools.