Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lutrov71

1024x1024 Competition

I'm in chief :) started the map some time ago. I'll be working on it on and off.

I believe I already informed you of this via PM Lutrov, but I have a slight problem with my map. I obeyed the 1024x1024 constraints entirely, save for a tiny tiny segment of a hallway that pokes out:

Note that that's the only time the player ever leaves his 1024x1024 playing field, and I simply had nowhere to put that little area marked off in the picture besides where it was. Is this okay?

If Doom Builder stops crashing, I can contribute something...

Here is a pretty much complete version of my entry for you guys to go over. And Lutrov, if that little segment that pokes out of the 1024x1024 block isn't allowed, just tell me and I'll find some kind of way to squeeze it in there. Please don't disqualify me for it if it isn't allowed...

NOTE : This map ain't made for total detail-whorage (I literally spent like 10 minutes focusing on detail). I actually seriously tried my best to get as long of a map as I could coax out of a 1024x1024 space.

Darkhaven said:

Note that that's the only time the player ever leaves his 1024x1024 playing field, and I simply had nowhere to put that little area marked off in the picture besides where it was. Is this okay?

No, I'm sure you can fit that small section of the map in somewhere else, or just remove it.

@Darkhaven: I get HOMs in ZDoom, more HOMs in PrBoom+ and a missing texture error in regular PrBoom.

The right monster teleporter doesn't work.

i used that exit trick on my map in the original 1024 wad so you should get away with that.

your little room with the switch in could be either:

moved up and to the right and contained in the wall of the area with the switch and teleporter

or rotated 90 degrees and placed alongside that set of stairs

it looks like a door opens, a monster comes out and the switch is behind it. in which case instead you could make it a fake-pillar against the wall that lowers to reveal the monster and switch, which would take up less room

You could move that whole room up and connect it to the wall just to the right of it. You'd have to shrink it a tiny bit, but it could work.

Can there be a custom sky texture (anything but the default brown Doom 2 sky)? I'd like to texture the outdoor part of my map with matching colors.

Fredrik said:

Can there be a custom sky texture (anything but the default brown Doom 2 sky)? I'd like to texture the outdoor part of my map with matching colors.

Use linedef 271.

Tormentor667 said:

[offtopic]You DO need a new webhost, really![/offtopic]

I'm not too concerned about that right now. I'm more interested in working on my project (especially now that I've finished my 1monster map).

Fredrik said:

Yep, but dont count on it being included in the wad with all the maps together.

One question, What if you made a map entirly out of small rooms connected by small teleportals.... If the area of the map playing area was totaled to 1048576units^2 then Would it be a valid entry?

Oops... >_> good point exp(x)

Macro11_1 said:

One question, What if you made a map entirly out of small rooms connected by small teleportals.... If the area of the map playing area was totaled to 1048576cm^2 then Would it be a valid entry?

Everything would have to be pretty damn small if Doom used centimeters as its unit of measurement.

Ichor said:

I'm not too concerned about that right now. I'm more interested in working on my project (especially now that I've finished my 1monster map).

/me harrasses for more hexen updatage! <3

I'm interested in making a map for this. I've got a few ideas though - are multiple entries allowed?

At mephisto + apocalypse

These are both from what is visible Looking quite nice!
I look forward to playing them...

- sausage -

Hellbent said:

Can we make a DM map?

I'd definitely sign up if that was the case.

Hellbent said:

Can we make a DM map?

I'm afraid not sorry..

I have already have 2 maps sent, turns out I'm getting these quicker than expected. I could probably turn this project into Congestion 1024 II - The Competition or something less lame. It'd have 32 new maps in a balanced order and then the final three maps are the top three.

Can i do a second entry?
i guess so as Dutchy is doing one I can, where do i send the map to?

- sausage -