Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OmegaJ4

Extra Enemies..

I wasn't sure where i should've posted this...

But is it possible to get the Dehacked (Or Decorate) codes for the Heretic and hexen (and maybe duke3d) Enemies? i'm doing something similer to Ebdoom. Where they merged all the enemies together.

If not. How would i do this? Thanks. ;)

I dont think anyone made any yet. Also, the doom decorates have errors on them. THe Zombie man will continue to attack whenever it finishes its moving frames, even if there is no target around to shoot, since someone forgot to put "LOOP" at the end of it's moving cycle. The cyberdemon and spider mastermind also doesn't have their attack and death frames on bright.

Relative to the original engine, Heretic & Hexen things didn't have DeHackEd numbers. This is because:

1. They don't exist in DOOM.EXE and
2. Raven removed all the DOOM thing types when they made Heretic, and most of the Heretic thing types when they made Hexen, so the things for those games actually replace DOOM's and then some in terms of offsets.

Heretic (and Hexen?) had a separate hack editor called HHE, which was always marginal as far as use went (I've never seen a HHE patch once), and is extremely marginalized now that some source ports allow standard DEH/BEX patches to get access to those objects via arbitrarily assigned DEH numbers. Eternity works like this -- Heretic objects occupy the "300" range of reserved DEH numbers in EDF, meaning that you could patch things in that range in a DEH patch if you know what you're doing.

I've seen a few HHE patches, but most of them weren't any good. However, I haven't seen a single Hex patch.

Ichor said:

I've seen a few HHE patches, but most of them weren't any good. However, I haven't seen a single Hex patch.

buump... they scripted and ripped all the creatures them self, and tried to make them like they where in the original games,
its an edge mod, so the scripts are diffrent, shadowwarrior, blood and dukenukem use diffrent codes to hexen heretic strife and doom.

The next version of ZDoom (presumably 2.1.8) will include the DECORATE code for at least eight monsters from Heretic, Hexen, and Strife.

This should have all the relevant DeHackEd data for Heretic. It's oriented towards Legacy editing, but you should find something useful in there. FRAMES.txt is probably the specific file you want.

//Edit

Fuck, old thread.