Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
agntno9

Moding Decoration Sprites

I use XWE and db, I loaded some tree sprites, and some lamps and so on into a wad file, and went to put them in the map in db and they weren't an option. How do I make them available in db after loading them onto the wad? XWE says that it does everything automatically, but it doesn't seem to do enough, as I cannot even use them.. any suggestions?

John

Is this wad for ZDoom/Skulltag/ZDaemon? If so, you're in luck. Go to the ZDoom forums and read about the DECORATE lump. It's original purpose was to add more decorations without having to replace existing ones.

If this isn't for any of those ports, you're going to have to replace something, by naming your sprites to coincide with the ones that are in doom(2).wad.

thanks guys, it is for zdoom, and I played with it a little last night by looking through multiple other wads, but it usually just screwed up my entire wad, I'll go check out the editing forum for it though.

John

TheDarkArchon said:

EarthQuake: ZDaemon doesn't support DECORATE, IIRC, since it's not based on ZDoom 2.0.48 or later.

Whoops, shit, I don't know why I said that. Thanks for correcting me. Of all things, I should know better...