Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Craigs

I'm not sure if it would be ok to do this but...

Me and two friends from school are working on a WAD for doom. To tell the truth though, we haven't even gotten started yet. But there is a method to my madness. You see, I plan to release this wad in episodes, each containing 9 maps, 8 regular maps and 1 secret map. This way, I can look it up in the new stuff chronicles, read the review, and figure out what I can do to improve the next. The reason why I made this topic though, is to check with you guys to see if this is ok. I'm not sure whether this would be spamming up the /newstuff or not.

I also need a little help doing Dehacked and Decorate. You see, one of my friends wants me to put in some pretty advanced stuff, such as monsters that hang over the edges of buildings and try to drag you down to your doom, or a demon that trys to pick you up and throw you against walls.

I've tried explaining that this is a bit too difficult for me, but he just won't listen.

As long as it is new content going into the archives it wouldn't be considered spamming.

Well the monster that pick you up and hurl you could be done with the archvile attack

No, he wants them to actually grab you in their claws, fly up a little bit and then throw you at a wall

I don't know about Decorate but I'm pretty sure you can't do that with just DeHacked.

Sounds cool but isn't 9 maps a bit too much to start with, maybe do a few single maps first.
Its only a suggestion though, if you have enough ideas to fill 9 maps with I say go for it.
Good luck with those monster ideas it sounds rather difficult but cool if you get it to work.

You could get the effect of monsters, that pick and throw you, by using the Arch-Vile attack as meleƩ attack, but the player should be blocked, once it is near the monster... and I don't know if this is possible!