Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReelSplatter

Masters Of Doom: The Animated Series!

Check out the cartoon myself and Baron von Brunk made, based off the book, "Masters of Doom"! It just made the front page of Newgrounds.com! Be sure to log in and vote! This cartoon contains a large amount of violence and langauge, so be forewarned! Tell us what you think!

Newgrounds:
http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/303494

Or check it out on ReelSplatter.com
http://www.reelsplatter.com/doom-cartoon.html

what do you think?

Front page of Newgrounds? GJ
It started off all random but it kept getting better. The parts I liked were the batman transitions with the doomguy head and john romero's character.
I have read Masters of Doom, but you should have added more inside jokes from the book (actually you had a lot already) like carmack's mmmm.. noises and the bill gates video. I didn't mind the artwork/animation at all and the voices were great. I hope it is continued.

Heh that was real funny, great work, also hope to see another chapter, I'll show it to my bro later.

DeumReaper said:

Front page of Newgrounds? GJ
It started off all random but it kept getting better. The parts I liked were the batman transitions with the doomguy head and john romero's character.
I have read Masters of Doom, but you should have added more inside jokes from the book (actually you had a lot already) like carmack's mmmm.. noises and the bill gates video. I didn't mind the artwork/animation at all and the voices were great. I hope it is continued.

Thanks! We went in favor of the full on robot voice instead of the mmmm. we tried it, but it just sounded like the audio was glitching. Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Could you put it in a zip file or something I'd like to save it to my hard drive as a stand alone file.

I watched it on a public computer at the library with no sound (which is probably a good thing, as I suspect I'd likely be looking for another library when they heard the thing playing and booted me out). Anyway, even without sound, it looks to be pretty entertaining. I liked seeing the Beetlejuice Sandworm appearing in the Tremors segment and good ol' Martin Van Buren in the classroom.

Excellent! I knew those subtitles would come in handy...The Tremors and Beetlejuice joke were put in due to the severe lack of fan references. I find it hard to believe that no one makes jokes about those two incredibly awsome cult movies!

Lovely little details: the wall clock in the school, the mailbox, and the "If you can read this, you're not paying attention to what's going on" sign. Hahah!

Glad to see some folks caught the background gags. In the school Doom and Wolf 3D cheats are on the blackboard, and the author of Masters of Doom and the fellow who gave me the Bill gates doom video are the guest speakers on the blackboard. There are some others too. Keep checking!

This animation is absolutely hilarious - great job! Excellent use of id-related sprites, music and trivia throughout. And I agree with Scuba Steve - Tom Hall is priceless.

EDIT: Best bit - Bill Gate's Wolf3D-style Hitler "Death Cam"!

I will be honest, I was expecting the usual unfunny bullshit but that was way better than I expected.

Great work, very entertaining.

I noticed your last name is Lombardo, you wouldn't happen to be related to Slayer's drummer would you ? :P

Check it out! John Romero got back to me finally!
Check this shit out!

Rome.ro

All the work was officailly worth it! I would like to email it to the rest of the id guys, but I'm afraid of being sued.

That's cool that Romero would take the time to give you his take on it--I like the comment about being sued by the other ID guys.

ReelSplatter said:

Check it out! John Romero got back to me finally!
Check this shit out!

Rome.ro

All the work was officailly worth it! I would like to email it to the rest of the id guys, but I'm afraid of being sued.

Can't get sued for parody, duder.