Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Quasar

For those not in the know, my Castlevania stuff.

If you frequent #zdoom you've definitely seen these links before, but for those that do not I figured I should post them up.

Castlevania: Crescent Moon Concerto
This is my currently in-progress fanfic based on the backstory to Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. Set in 1820, it pits a wide array of characters, including Richter Belmont, Maria Renard, Alucard, Morris Baldwin, the Graves family, and a mysterious as-yet-unknown mage from the north of Spain against the evil sorcerer Mas Valen, first student of the Dark Priest Shaft, as he searches for the ultimate power buried long ago beneath Transylvania.

Unofficial Castlevania Timeline and Story
This is my own personal take on the Castlevania timeline, and it contains complete plot spoilers for all the games (except the latest two, which I've not yet had time to add). It also includes real historical background on Vlad Tepes and the history of Romania, and my "Anti-Igarashi" manifesto, which explains my stance as an "inclusionist" fan who considers all the games canon.

Belmont Bloodline
This is an overview of all the principle characters of the series and how they are (or are not) related. Included are various speculations on relationships that are only vaguely hinted at in the games themselves (example: Eric Lecarde's ancestry).

I'm a big Castlevania fan. I don't have time to read these at the moment, but I saved them to disk and will give them a look over later and let you know what I think in the near future.

Cool. I wouldn't blame you if you just skimmed the timeline, as it is 22 pages when I print it out, but I especially hope that you will enjoy CMC, as it is the greatest writing effort I've so far undertaken.

Whenever it is finished, I intend to give treatment to some other loose ends in the story, including possibly a sequel to CotM where Nathan searches for the truth behind the fate of his parents, and a sequel to Legacy of Darkness where Cornell attempts to regain his status as a man-beast. These are highly tenative though :P

I read your fan fiction piece yesterday evening and I have to say that I liked it a lot. I found it to be knowledgable, well written, and entertaining--good job. My only complaints are: (1) The chapters tend to be too short, and (2) It's not complete, so I can't read it in its entirety--I generally don't like reading something that isn't complete because then I can't see how it ends. If I had to pick a favorite part, I would have to say it was the werewolf battle with Morris.

I didn't read all of the timeline and story because I'm already familiar with most of the games' storylines having played the majority of them. I don't agree with all your arguments (i.e., Castlevania 4 not being a remake of the original), but that's all a matter of perspective and personal judgement. I did find the real history about Vlad at the end interesting, there were several tidbits there I had never heard about before, particularly Mathias' real life counterpart.

I also didn't look at the Belmont Bloodline, mainly because I felt the storyline document more or less achieves the same purpose, just in more detail.

Thanks. Sorry about CMC not being finished, I work on it rather slowly and have been doing so for a long time now. I do regularly update it as soon as more of it is finished, though. In fact I just finished off the river scene in Chapter 6 a couple of days ago.

I have the end of the story completely mapped out. It's just a matter of getting to it :)

Also, I do recognize the short chapters issue. I'm gonna keep the existing chapters as they are, however, and simply focus on increasing the length of new ones. As you can see, chapter 6 is already significantly longer and embraces multiple scenes. Of course, this is necessary since the two narratives are beginning to fold into one.

Just recently got into castlevania, it is great. And how could you forget Leon Belmont on the bloodline?

zap610 said:

Just recently got into castlevania, it is great. And how could you forget Leon Belmont on the bloodline?

I just haven't gotten around to adding him yet :) I only recently added a write-up of the LoI plot to my timeline because for a while, I refused to include it in my unofficial canon. I had to come up with some valid explanation of the Mathias Cronqvist / Vlad Tepes interaction other than the official "Mathias changed his name to Dracula", which is total BS.