Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

[Texturepack] "Too Much Brown!

Dear Doomworlders,
I am working on a new texture pack for all those Doom developers out there, based on various QUAKE1 development sources I have found so far (will be credited and I have their permission)

Demo:

I am not yet finished, but this textureset will work with all ZDoom versions since the invention of ANIMDEFS and for sure, they are DOOM PALETTED and will also work with plain vanilla doom if someone intends to use them with older ports!

What I now need are testers! Mappers to be more precise that have experiences with other resource packs and that can tell me, if some necassary texture variants are missing, flats, borders, or whatsnot! All you have to do is grab the beta texture wad as soon as it is finished, create 1 or 2 overdetailed rooms with these resources and tell me, what is needed, what is good and what is bad.

Download Beta:
http://s8.11mbit.in/KmH6BhrEFuva6l05kP9Eku8DsO8ijt3Cr6ghr6gqreA3zeJ3dmIxcvw5/7N6c8foy
Feel free to start! Now some rules concerning this beta-test, which are important:
1st, if you have problems with some textures, bugs or stuff, let me know, possibly with a solution!
2nd, if you need certain textures (steps, lights or stuff, that might be useful in some situations), feel free to add them to another wad and send it to me or just tell me what you need!
3rd, one room per WAD/MAP, as much as detail possible, but the combination of textures should make sense. Tell me which texture-styles need more variants and which ones work fine

The majority of those shown (at least in the picture) look to be from the various HFX texture packs. I myself have used these textures a few times in the past, some of them are very nice.

EDIT: Surely you can find a better place to put this at. Argh :P

AgentSpork said:

The majority of those shown (at least in the picture) look to be from the various HFX texture packs. I myself have used these textures a few times in the past, some of them are very nice.

EDIT: Surely you can find a better place to put this at. Argh :P

I can see where BPRD got textures for Equinox.
(edit: AWESOME, i quoted the wrong person >.>;)

Something I made real quickly these textures do look great ingame.

Id like to see some more light flats for the 32 and 16 grid size, and some computer textures and flats would't be cool.
Ill fiddle around with these textures some more, if you like to see this I can email it to you Torm.

Good news, resource wad released, some fine tuning done, should be in the next /newstuff!

*EDIT*
Oh... just saw that I forgot to add dutch to the beta testers :( Me = Idiot, must change that!