Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

doom time period

Sometime between last night and the next time I'll be in bed with your mom again.

But really, I vaguely recall something in the 2050s. Though that may be some other game I'm thinking of.

I have no concept of how technology will progress, but I wouldn't expect "interdimensional portals" to be possible in any less than a few hundred years. Then again, the Doom guy uses several rather archaic weapons in the games (particularly the shotguns and chaingun).

Heh - my guess is 50-100 years time, providing we don't destroy ourselves in the meantime - because there's interplanetary travel, and there is talk of a manned mars mission taking place in about 30 years time...

RandomMarine said:

Doesn't the beginning of doom3/ROE say what year it is?
I would check myself but I don't have it installed in this computer.

GoatLord said:

I have no concept of how technology will progress, but I wouldn't expect "interdimensional portals" to be possible in any less than a few hundred years. Then again, the Doom guy uses several rather archaic weapons in the games (particularly the shotguns and chaingun).

Do we need to go into discussion again about how infantry-usable chainguns would have to be 'futuristic'?

Yeah, because the chainguns available now are only mounted via turrets or on an attack copter(I think, me no military expert, although I did grow up in it.) Jesse's handheld chaingun in Predator doesn't exist in reality.