Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Frederick the Great

help with zdoom

http://magikarp.net/wadtutorial/gs-zdoom.php

I've done everything that this page has requested of me.

I try and make a simple level in Zdoom, but the nodebuilder that comes with Build keeps saying that the nodebuilder didn't build the required structures - your map will now be saved without the nodes.

What can I do to stop this? Everything seemed so easy until this error stopped me in my tracks - help!

Ok figured it out - i've made my first slope with Zdoom, and am somewhat proud of myself.

But I have a question with slopes and their limitations; what are the limitations of slopes? Is it possible to create a round archway with a number of slopes?

If you rape slopes with enough sectors you can creesate a (more or less) realistic , yes.

HobbsTiger1 said:

If you rape slopes with enough sectors you can creesate a (more or less) realistic , yes.

Ok... still toying with slopes... getting a grip with things. Having difficulty understanding how exactly they work. My arches always seem to mess up... the wrong slopes slope, etc.

Getting slope right isn;t very difficult. The most common problem is either putting the line deg on the wrong line segment, or having the segment flipped to the wrong side. If one doesn;t work, try flipping that line segment. If that doesn;t fix it, then move the line def special to another line segment. It's all trial and error in the beginning. ONce you get the hand og it, it's pretty easy.

Ezxariarch said:

Getting slope right isn;t very difficult. The most common problem is either putting the line deg on the wrong line segment, or having the segment flipped to the wrong side. If one doesn;t work, try flipping that line segment. If that doesn;t fix it, then move the line def special to another line segment. It's all trial and error in the beginning. ONce you get the hand og it, it's pretty easy.

Thanks - I'll begin experimenting :)

You could always look at a map with slopes in Doom Builder so you can get a better idea on how to make them.

Ok I think I've figured it out - this is very interesting. Texture alignment is also easier than I expected. I'm going to have a go at making some archway textures, to mess around with a quake style archway ;)